Reply is currently looking for a UX designer who had a creative ability to work on Applications & Website design project, (Contract Inside IR35), as a UX designer, you’ll ensure that the ‘user experience’ for individuals using websites or applications is as efficient and pleasurable as possible. You’ll be involved in the design of digital products and services for specific target groups and end users and will need to understand motivations, with a good work collaboratively with other members of the digital team and the wider business to ensure that products and service meet client expectation.
- Ensure that the ‘user experience’ for individuals using websites or applications is as efficient and pleasurable as possible
- Involved in the design of digital products and services for specific target groups and end users and will need to understand motivations
- Work collaboratively with other members of the digital team and the wider business to ensure that products and services meet client needs.
- Handle the full spectrum of users’ impressions and interactions with a given brand
- Meet with clients to gather information about their requirements
- Propose and sketch out a range of visual concepts both on paper and using software applications
- Create user personas, user journeys and site maps
- Translate concepts into wireframes, prototypes and user flows using specialist tools such as Figma, Axure, InVision, Marvel, OmniGraffle, Visio and Sketch, as well as the Adobe product suite
- Work on cross-platform applications to develop user experiences covering mobile phones, tablets and computers
- Work collaboratively with other designers, product design and development teams, business analysts, engineers and project managers
- Liaise regularly with clients to ensure that designs meet their requirements and core business objectives
- Attend meetings to discuss and review progress on the project
- Run workshops for clients and internal stakeholders
- Work with the research team to plan and conduct remote and on-site user research and usability testing with real users to ensure the end-product design provides users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement
- Write reports and communicate the results of your work
- Identify areas for improvement
- Redesign websites to make them more responsive
- Redesign or create mobile apps that are easy to use and configured appropriately for smartphones and tablets
- Keep up to date with technological innovations and new tools.
In a senior role, you’ll also need to:
- Ensure design standards, guidelines and best practices are adhered to
- Oversee research and insight projects to understand user needs
- Manage, mentor and support more junior members of the UX design team
- Ensure that all colleagues in the organisation understand UX design practices.