Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Digital Engineering
Salary: £41,600 – £58,500 DOE
We ve made good progress on our transformation into a digital bank. From launching new digital propositions for customers to embedding our new colleague proposition – A Life More Virgin, together we re creating something unique in UK banking. If we are to grow as a digital-first bank, we need to accelerate our digital agenda in a truly agile way so it s a very exciting time to be joining us.
Here s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)
- Five extra paid well-being days per year
- A 35 hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
So, what s our Digital Engineering Vision? Simply put, we will become a fully digitised bank, by developing a best-in-class digital delivery capability for our colleagues and our customers. But how will we deliver it? By becoming a truly Agile Organisation, our Digital Engineering Agile journey started in October 2020, since then, we have set up new Tribes, new squads, new ways of workings, loads of training sessions and much much more, it s an exciting time to join the team, what are you waiting for? The Digital Engineering team is part of the wider Digital & Innovation function, and we are responsible for IT solutions that underpin our multi-channel distribution systems which includes our websites, mobile applications, and client-server applications.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Designer to join our Solutions Design team who will be a key contributor to the architecture used within the bank on the digital platform and will help shape our journey to become a fully digitised bank, while improving our Agile capability. As a Solution Designer, we re not just looking for a technologist but for someone who also enjoys engaging and collaborating with stakeholders. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
Day to day you ll
• Deliver high level designs in support of strategic and architectural direction considering best practice and long-term vision
• Work closely with business and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated, and robust recommendations made
• Socialise designs for approval and review and provide feedback on designs produced by others
• Contribute to the domain guild community of interest – inputting where appropriate
To be successful you ll bring
• Experience in Solutions Architecture / Design from financial services organisations across a range of technologies
• A range of design experience
• Practical experience in Agile development, e.g., Scrum, Kanban, SAFe
We’d like you to have (but not essential)
• Some experience of working with third party delivery partners
• Exposure / Interest of Microservice and event driven architectures
• Exposure / Interest of Web app and Mobile App development or Java applications
• Exposure / Interest of working with a Platform As A Service (PAAS), cloud services and API’s
• Prepared to self-learn a new technology in short timescales, to assess the worth of technology platforms
• Broad understanding of information security, and experience of risk-based design
• Understanding of infrastructure limitations and concerns
• Atlassian Stack
We really need you to have the skills and experience listed in the ‘To be successful you need to bring’ section above, but the rest is just our wish list, so please don t let that put you off applying, we d love to hear from you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It s good for you, it s good for us and it s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We d love to hear from you so get in touch with our careers team at Now the legal bit Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK. If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years’ worth of satisfactory references.