We re on a mission to build the world s greatest social bank. We believe that banking needs to change for the better. When money is used correctly, it can transform our daily lives and positively impact the planet.
We are a multi-disciplined team of experienced technology, banking, customer experience, marketing, and legal professionals who share a passion for the company s mission and believe in a collaborative approach to creating the greatest social bank. We are building a diverse team of inquisitive people who want to understand customer needs and behaviour so we can develop innovative products that change people s lives for good.
About the role:
As a Senior Product Designer you will lead design for one of our multidisciplinary product squads reporting to the Head of Design. We are in the process of creating the Kroo Design Studio as a human-centered, vibrant group of creative thinkers and doers that are keen to redefine the relationship with banking of which you will be a key member. The role is currently fully remote, but it will also require time in our office in London when possible.
We want to create a design-led organization, and product design represents a crucial role in this journey, driving the problem-solving process attacking challenging problems with a human-centered mindset.
- You have exceptional web design skills, including a good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- You can create high fidelity, functional prototypes with the tools that suit business needs
- You have experience with, or interest in, creating design systems
- You have strong research methods, especially writing and rapidly validating hypotheses. We d like to see previous projects you ve completed, where you can explain your research processes
- You have experience designing products from the ground up, you ll need to be comfortable starting with nothing and creating something
- You re interested in the business strategy and end to end customer experience, not just screens and user flows
- You want to work in an environment where the team is encouraged to respectfully challenge each other, assumptions and decision biases
Ideal but not essential:
- You have experience designing acquisition journeys from aggregator sites.
- You ve worked in financial services or another highly regulated environment.
- You have experience designing for iOS and Android.
- You have experience planning and running workshops with diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Previous experience using Figma.
- A day off during the week of your birthday
- 33 days holiday (8 bank holidays + an additional 25)
- An employer-supported volunteer program (up to 4 hours/month)
- Personal Health days
- Access to the Spill mental health support service
- A workplace pension with a 3% employer contribution
- After 1 year, access to £500 from the Kroo Learning Fund for career-related L&D
- All the equipment you need to work remotely effectively, with a Macbook Pro as standard
- Access to our modern, bustling office in Holborn, Central London, includes a full gym.
- High degree of autonomy with support from an experienced and supportive team
- Room to grow and excel within a fast-paced, high grow growing start-up
- An ethically conscious company that is truly trying to change what’s most broken about the industry
- People Team
- Technical interview with Lead
- Technical interview with Team
- Management Interview
UI/UX, HTML/CSS, Prototyping, User ResearchUI/UX, HTML/CSS, Prototyping, User Research, iOS, Android, Figma