As a content designer, you ll put users at the heart of our client’s projects. You ll be part of the user-centred design service.
We’re a growing team of user researchers and content, interaction and UX designers. You ll work closely with your clients to up-skill them and share your expertise as a UCD consultant.
What you ll do in this role
- Iterate content based on insights from user research and data.
- Make complex language and processes easy to understand.
- Understand and implement style and standards.
You ll suit this role if you:
- are naturally curious and proactive towards providing solutions
- use your excellent communication skills to clearly explain your design choices
- advocate for content design in your team and with the client
- build effective working relationships with clients
- thrive in a multidisciplinary team reviewing work from others and offering feedback
- understand agile processes
- are comfortable working in a dynamic and evolving environment.
To be successful you ll be:
- naturally curious and able to champion your own learning and development
- an advocate for user-centred design
- respectful and tactful in your approach to clients who perhaps aren t as familiar with user-centred design
- proactive and will take the initiative to solve a problem rather than seeing it and ignoring it?
- keen to share your knowledge and experience.
- Experience in another UCD specialism (user research, interaction design, service design).
- A good understanding of content strategy.
- A strong understanding of GDS and designing to government service standards, preferably on projects that passed assessment.
Opencast is an ambitious, successful, and growing technology consultancy. We pride ourselves in the qualities of our people. We’re inclusive, creative, and collaborative.
It’s an exciting time to join us on our journey as we grow and expand our services to help our clients tackle bigger, more complex challenges. We plan to treble the size of our team by 2025 – but we re determined not to lose our unique culture.
What makes Opencast right for you?
You don t have to tick every box to join us. We re looking for those brave enough to ask the right questions and do the right thing. We value and empower our people, doing right by each other. We work flexibly and keep hierarchy to a minimum.
Inclusion at Opencast
Opencast is an equal opportunity employer and we re committed to creating an environment where everyone thrives. We don t discriminate based on age, disability, ethnicity, family status, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you d like to be part of a team where your voice is heard and your involvement matters, please join us. We re a better company because you re with us.
Where you ll work
At Opencast we trust our people to make the right decisions. You may work remotely from home or, depending on your project, you may be required to occasionally work at a client site or your nearest Opencast office.
Interviews take place over Microsoft Teams. If that doesn t work for you, we ll do everything we can to support and make any necessary adjustments. We want to ensure everyone has the best possible interview experience.
Applicants from overseas
We accept applicants from overseas but once you re appointed you need to work in the UK.
Want to find out more?
Visit our website to find out more about us, our work and the benefits of joining us.
If you d like to talk directly about this role with the people leading our services, visit the Contact section of the website. We re keen to chat.