Offering £30,000 – £35,000 per annum, a friendly working environment with a great team to work with, and a variety of excellent company benefits including development opportunities, onsite parking and a competitive pension, our client has an exciting opportunity for a Web Developer/Graphic Designer to join their team.
Offices are based near the centre of Chelmsford with good transport links, including nearby rail.
As a multi-skilled Web Developer and Graphic Designer, you will maintain, update and create a range of web sites and related digital services including online sales facilities, email marketing and presentation design.
This wide ranging position requiring experience in both web development and design and will also involve preparing presentations and related materials for events. This is a small company so you should be a self-starter adept at multi-tasking and taking ownership of projects.
Please note that this Web Developer role is not a junior / entry-level position.
Person Specification – Web Developer/Graphic Designer:
- Strong design and creative skills and able to plan and design professional web pages and digital materials
- Experience as a Wordpress Web Developer (Custom Theme building, Custom Post Types and Taxonomies)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite i.e. Photoshop
- HTML5 & CSS / SASS
- PHP & MySQL
- Linux servers
- Strong Web Hosting & cPanel setup and maintenance knowledge
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Suite i.e. Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Apple Macs
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active and able to multitask
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and a willingness to learn
- PowerPoint and Microsoft Office in general – very good knowledge including confidence with using macros
- Experience of using Mailchimp or similar
- SEO awareness and best practice
- REST APIs
- Google Analytics and reporting
Our client wishes to see a portfolio or selection of samples of your work – please provide links or samples as part of your application.