We currently have two opportunities available to join us as a Web Content Editor. At OS, we believe work is something you do, not somewhere you go. We embrace a hybrid working model where we believe the choice is with the individual on when they work from our fantastic offices in Southampton or London, or from home. We have 1x permanent contract and 1x 12-month fixed-term contract available, both offered on a full-time basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £25,577 – £28,585 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Web Content Editor:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- Flexible working options
- 25 days annual leave – (30 days after five years) bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- Plus, a suite of excellent additional benefits
As our Web Content Editor, you will be responsible for all aspects of web content being published into the CMS from conception, through publication, to retrospective and review. The Web Content Editor will be the gatekeeper for web content, and the subject matter expert for our content management system.
What you’ll be doing as our Web Content Editor:
- Updating content on our website, ensuring the highest quality and consistency is maintained
- Assisting with the management of imagery and other website assets
- Liaising with stakeholders and suppliers, ensuring all web briefs are clearly interpreted and implemented
- Working closely with other team members to ensure content is published in line with release dates
- Supporting with testing and reviewing content changes and development
- Carrying out other website support duties as required from time to time
What we’re looking for in our Web Content Editor:
- Proficiency in content management systems (CMS) – Knowledge of Contensis would be an advantage
- Experience working to brand standards and tone of voice guidelines
- Appreciation of the online customer journeys for multiple audiences
- Familiarity of different digital assets and formats, including imagery, infographics and videos
- Effective SEO and CRO skills
- Awareness of UX, user personas, and multivariant testing
- Understanding of Google Analytics and other website performance tools
What you’ll bring to our team:
- Proficiency at building positive cross-business relationships
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Readiness to share your digital knowledge and best practices with front-end developers, designers, and the wider support teams
- Comfort with a changing workload and prioritising jobs as they’re assigned to you
- Adeptness at forward planning and meeting tight deadlines
- Demonstrations of new ideas or improved ways of working, to make our digital offering the best it can be
Our busy Customer and Marketing team is looking for people to support Ordnance Survey’s mission – to show the world how to get to a better place.
Closing date: Sunday 9th January 2022
If you would like to be a part of this, click ‘apply’ now to be considered as our Web Content Editor -we’d love to hear from you!