The largest retailer in Europe is currently seeking a Visual/UI Designer to join their team.
The company is currently working with a great, multidisciplinary team, including UI Designers, UX Designers, User Researchers, and Copywriters. They are ideally looking to support a designer that wants to grow their career within an enterprise level company, within a supportive and established team.
Designers of all levels will be considered.
This is a position that offers flexible working, with occasional travel to a central London office required when necessary.
Purpose of the roleResponsible for setting the visual design standard for new digital products within the business. You will be working closely with UX Designers, User Researchers, Product Managers, and Developers to enhance the customer experience, driving both acquisition and engagement in the process to aid commercial success for POL & enhance remuneration for Postmasters. In your Senior capacity you’ll act as a key escalation point for visual design decision making, carefully assessing how, why, and when to craft and refine new design paradigms across our products.
- Developing and detailing excellent visual designs, user-interfaces, and design specifications from creative concept to final QA
- Vocally champion the customer, their needs and experience at every design decision
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, standards and tools & act as a key design escalation point for visual design / user interface decisions
- Working closely with a wide range of people from across the business to understand and interpret requirements, identify opportunities
- Providing both verbal and written guidance to help developers implement your designs
- Taking part in constructive critique sessions aimed at improving the quality of the team’s outputs
- Working closely with Product Owners and developers to ensure your designs are implemented effectively and supporting with rendering tests
- Persuasively communicating design decisions, strategy and rationale
- Keeping track of new ideas in visual design to be incorporated into the work and share with the team
- Helping grow the team from a set of designers to a centre of design practice excellence, leading digital design within the business
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Demonstrable Senior experience working as a visual/UI designer on digital products and services with a strong portfolio demonstrating your meticulous attention to detail
- Proficient skills in common design tools such as Figma, Sketch, and Adobe CC
- Strong design skills and eye for detail, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development
- Experience with different platforms but specifically responsive web. Mobile app UI design experience an advantage
- Ability to iterate quickly and refine solutions, while rationalising decisions against business requirements
- Possess a passion for all things design and all things customer
- Motivated self-starter; problem solver who enjoys creating something new
- Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment with a focus on fast-paced delivery
- Contributing relevant development of and maintaining updates to UI style guides and asset library
- Experience in fintech and development/programming if even at a simple level, desirable
Please contact for more information.