We re the UK s leading provider of smart current accounts for sole traders and small companies. We re also on a mission to save business owners time and money on their banking and finance admin so they can get back to doing what they love – for too long, these customers have been under-served by the big banks. Our offices are in London, UK, Sofia, Bulgaria, Hyderabad and Gurugram, India, where our teams are dedicated to our small business members, revolutionizing business banking for SMEs. We are also the leading provider of UK SME business accounts and one of the fastest-growing fintechs in the UK.
We re scaling at speed with a focus on hiring talented individuals with a growth mindset and ownership mentality, who are able to juggle multiple and sometimes changing priorities. Our values show our commitment to working as one team, working collaboratively to take action and deliver results. Member first, we are passionate about our members and put them first. We are data-driven, we make decisions, creating insight using data. About you:
We’re looking for an outstanding UX Writing Manager / Content Design Manager to lead and drive the content strategy for micro-copy across our product teams, helping to shape the future of our SME financial platform. Your work will have a huge impact, and the scope of this role is huge, as you ll be a key contributor to our continued success. Tide is a daily part of the lives of more than 350,000 members and business owners already, and your work here will help shape the way that members interact with their finances, to help them grow, and give them time back to do what they love.
You’ll have the opportunity to work alongside experienced product professionals, and hand-in-hand with product designers, developers, data scientists, product managers, and user research to build, ship and create a world-class SME financial platform. We’re creating a financial platform that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics. Some of the things you ll be doing:
- Leading a small but growing team of UX Writers, helping shape their career paths through our career matrix and bi-annual performance reviews.
- Working to understand business goals and user needs, then help plan, develop, and deliver clear, relevant written content that brings the two together.
- Working with senior stakeholders to help understand the value of writing, solving problems, and developing our UX writing strategy.
- Supporting embedded cross-functional product teams, responsible for all in-app copy produced.
- Owning Tide s Tone of Voice and Content Design System, leading the way we unify the way we communicate to our members.
- Collaborating across the business to evangelise great user-centric writing practices.
- Challenging how we work in product and design, to help adopt new practices and tools.
- Applying pragmatics that balance the ideal experience with trade-offs like technical constraints, experimentation, or business risk.
- Helping to raise the bar for writing and design at Tide.
- You’ll work to help make sure our long-term strategy, business goals, and experience quality are all in alignment and that there are healthy opportunities for visibility and feedback.
- Supporting Tide s internationalisation, and leading its language and ToV localisation strategies.
You ll be a great fit if:
- You’ve led the writing practice for world-class products in a global, fast-growing company, ideally within a similar sector.
- You can demonstrate experience and understanding of how your work fits into a wider context, and of recognising and addressing challenges.
- You have experience managing priorities for yourself and your team, across a number of work areas.
- You ve worked in partnership with senior stakeholders in an advisory capacity, to give guidance and recommendations.
- You understand that good writing is built on top of principles and tradeoffs. You make well-reasoned decisions always advocating for the best possible user experience.
- You’re passionate about inclusive design and accessibility, and you’ll write with all our users in mind.
- You have a data-informed mindset. You re experienced in A/B testing tools and are adept at generating hypotheses for testing and learning.
- You care about the details but are also comfortable zooming out, seeing the broader picture, and connecting the dots to create a cohesive overall experience.
- Competitive salary
- Vitality Health Insurance, with a proactive focus on mental and physical wellbeing
- Hundreds of perks and discounts through Vitality Health Insurance (fitness watches, Waitrose cashback, gym membership etc.)
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days holiday with the ability to buy extra days
- We invest in your development with a £1,000 professional L&D budget per year and ability to access thousands of resources through the Learnerbly platform
- Referral bonus when you bring your friends to join Tide
- Access to salary sacrifice benefits such as Cycle to Work scheme and pension contribution
- Spacious brand new office in Liverpool street with an all-day snacks bar
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- 24 hours paid volunteering or L&D time off per year
- Flexible work from home or at the office arrangements
- Monthly team socials (we ve had themed bingo, online cocktail making sessions, wellbeing challenges and themed virtual pub quizzes)
- Stock Options
- Talent Screen (20-10 minutes)
- Functional Interview (30-45 minutes)
- Cultural fit interview (30 minutes)
- Practical exercise
- Cross-functional interview
Management, UI/UX, User FocusedManagement, UI/UX, User Focused, Data Driven, A/B Testing, Stakeholder Management