Michael Page Technology
Michael Page Technology
We are looking for a UX Designer for an exciting opportunity based in Birmingham.
Our client is one of the UK’s Leading eCommerce platform with over 120 employees across the UK business. There has been a huge growth in eCommerce sales within the business over this past year and there is a real psychological thought process to online shopping from a user standout. We are looking for people that have real knowledge of the psychology behind eCommerce. The company have a real ethos on quality customer user experiences and are thriving to improve their platform even more. The UX team are constantly looking to incorporate new innovative feature onto their platform and are now looking to bring someone new on-board.
You will be joining a tight-knit team to help come up with new innovate ideas to implement into the platform. These ideas need to be carefully planned and road-map whilst working with other cross-functional teams. You will focus on primarily on user experience, user & customer journeys and detailed user interface design however you will have a chance to work on some of the front-end development.
What you’ll do:
- Work in an agile, multi-disciplinary team to design digital services that meet user needs
- Develop user experience based on research and insight
- Deliver design work that’s in line with best practices for web standards acting as an advocate for accessibility in all aspects of the design
- Use and contribute to the existing design system
- Contribute to community of practice meetings
- Share design knowledge across the wider digital team
- Confidently communicate design decisions to other digital and wider business colleagues
The successful candidates will have the following skills:
- Experience in an interaction design or user experience role
- A portfolio demonstrating good design process and practices (you will be asked to provide a copy of this when applying)
- A track record of working with user research to understand user needs, and making design decisions based on evidence
- A passion for identifying and optimising task flows
- The ability to communicate design decisions to colleagues at all levels across the business
- The ability to build positive relationships with partners across the business
- The ability to communicate through sketches and low fidelity prototypes
- Previous experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
- A dedication to designing digital services that are accessible to all
- Some app experience would be ideal, but not essential
The successful UX Designer will receive the following benefits:
- Remote Working
- Vibrant Team
- Competitive Salary
- Work Laptop (Mac) + Mobile
Plus, a lot more click apply below to find out more.