With 180,000 people in over 40 countries, Capgemini is one of the world’s foremost providers of consulting, technology and outsourcing services. The Group reported 2015 global revenues of EUR 11.9 billion. Together with its clients, Capgemini creates and delivers business, technology and digital solutions that fit their needs, enabling them to achieve innovation and competitiveness. A deeply multicultural organization, Capgemini has developed its own way of working, the Collaborative Business ExperienceTM, and draws on Rightshore®, its worldwide delivery model.
What the Digital Customer Experience (DCX) Practice does
The Financial Services Digital Customer Experience Practice is a globally distributed 2500+ people organization, which focuses on helping our Financial Services clients deliver a superior experience to their customers, prospects and staff.
In our vision customer experience bridges the gap between businesses and consumers goals, and “determine whether companies thrive and profit, or struggle and fade”. It is ultimately delivered by people, processes and digital technologies which allow for improved sales and services, sales force efficiency, reduced costs and higher speed to value.
Our clients and business partners are not only Banks and Insurance companies entering in the Digital Era, they are also FinTech firms combining mobile and blockchain technologies to build future internet based financial ecosystems. We are engaged from idea origination all the way through digital strategy and system implementation and contribute the Capgemini Applied Innovation Exchange to design innovative solutions for our clients, and partner with the world leading digital transformation technology vendors, to build intelligent, adaptive, componentized IT platforms, combining new technologies with mobile front ends, business process management, customer relationship management, marketing and sales automation as well as content management.
Main Purpose of Role
Capgemini Financial Services requires a number of experienced UX Design Experts with Technical delivery and solution skills in the Financial Services Sector.
As a UX designer you are responsible for the design and implementation of user friendly and visually attractive user interfaces. Your primary goal is to translate business purposes and user needs into innovative and differentiating designs resulting into efficient and intuitive user applications. You will be developing engaging user journeys, demo’s and great looking applications for our customers and prospects.
The candidate will be simultaneously working on multiple agile projects in which your part-time contribution is key to success. By developing and sharing valuable UI/UXD content and best practices you inspire and enable our clients applications and platforms.
• You are typically embedded into an agile team consisting of Business Analysts, Product Owner, Project Manager and on-shore / off-shore development leads.
• You will contribute to the development of new and existing applications for our clients.
• You will work with the business to analyse their needs and optimise the success of the application rollout.
• You will develop application workflows, wireframes and will design the user interface .
• You will communicate progress with the client teams, deliver workshops, and ensure relevant stakeholder management.
• You will propose innovative solutions to business problems, and to propose alternatives to requirements that do not fit intuitive user interface standards.
Skills and Experience needed What we need:
• A UX designer who has experience within Agile environments and is a believer in Lean UX practices.
• Someone who can bridge the gap between Design and Development by being able to create exceptional user experience designs and translate his/her designs to an customer or staff engaging application in responsive design modes.
• A designer who is trained / willing to get trained on the leading UI modeling platforms and make changes to applications
• Bachelor Degree or higher in user interaction design, graphical design
• Proven experience as a UX designer within software company
• Experience of Front end development experience
• Experience with Agile project environments and ideally a good understanding of Lean UX practices
• Experience of designing mobile friendly websites and web based applications
• A solid understanding of and experience with HTML5 and CSS3
• Proven Photoshop and Illustrator experience
• Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications
• Demonstrated experience building UX deliverables such as wireframes, design comps/mockups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides
• A pragmatic and flexible attitude towards getting things done in a team.
• Experience in designing responsive web apps across multiple form factors.
• Demonstrate wire framing and task flow development through sketchbook techniques & rapid prototyping processes
• Experience in engaging with business and technical stakeholder to demonstrate and advertise their designs
Location and travel Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles will involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
We offer an excellent remuneration package to include flexible benefits and bonus dependent on the candidate’s competency, skills and level of expertise.
Proof of right to work in the UK In order to commence a role with Capgemini UK plc you will be required to provide documentary proof prior to joining the Company that you are entitled to live and work in the UK.
Capgemini is an equal opportunities employer