Role – User Researcher
Location – London
Duration – 6 months
Our client value’s Design Research. We’re a large experienced team of 20+ researchers. We shape product and service development. Everyone has different strengths and passions from accessibility research, researching with vulnerable customers to quantitative research lovers. We encourage you to test and learn new ways of doing research. We want to foster a culture of mentoring, collaborating, and learning from other researchers.
Working in an experienced multi-disciplinary design, product and engineering team, you’ll develop and lead the research strategy for a key area of the business, supporting product and service development for our 17 million digital customers, 1800 branches, and 80 million calls. You’ll report into and be supported by a research lead as well as the wider research community.
You’ll be responsible for managing the research plan and roadmap for your allocated service or product area. You’ll deliver research to solve customer problems, unlock new opportunities, and guide what is being delivered. You’ll enjoy working on research across the product development lifecycle, from generative to evaluative research. There’s a breadth of opportunity working across all of our well known Brands giving you the opportunity to see your work impact our mass market customer base.
What we need from you:
- Experience working closely with design and product teams to identify and prioritise
- the right research questions
- Create research roadmaps to address product/service development, to set both
- shorter term and strategic direction
- Deep qualitative research experience (1-5 years) including depth interviews, diary
- studies, contextual inquiry, concept testing, usability testing.
- Experience of quantitative research, for example surveys, click tests and card sorts
- Collaboratively engage teams in research
- Synthesise insights in an impactful and actionable manner to generate a shared
- understanding of user needs and opportunities
- Influence: demonstrate your influence on product development decisions
- A growth mentality – you experiment to enhance how we do research
What we like
- Experience combining qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ethnographic experience
- Experience with accessibility research and / or vulnerable customers
- Experience coaching or mentoring researchers and designers
- Experience developing user experience metrics
- Willingness to share your expertise and learn from others
If you have experience in working in this environment and are customer focussed please apply now!
If you have not received a response within a 48 hour period, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.