he User Experience Design (UI/UX) CoE Lead is responsible for improving user satisfaction by understanding the user’s needs, technical landscape and for translating requirements into world class user interface standards and experiences for our next generation of digital products (for both web based and desktop software products)
The Lead sets direction and is accountable for the overall user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) strategy and vision and, working with colleagues in Marketing, Product and Software Engineering, is responsible for designing and improving the technical UI/UX of the products they work on, setting the vision for the user experience and serving as a client advocate to ensure the highest level of usefulness, desirability, and client satisfaction.
The Lead will oversee the work and direction of Outsourced partner resources on individual technology projects and products.
- Establishes and maintains user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) standards, guidelines, common processes, templates, and tools that are leveraged throughout the organization.
- Champions iterative UI/UX testing, deep user research, and broad experimentation.
- Participates in user research and usability testing to help improve the customer experience.
- Participates in and fully engage in projects as part of a DevOps delivery team, including constructing and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable design templates.
- Designs, documents, and communicates UI/UX design specifications to product teams.
- Creates documents that describe the user experience, including wireframes, functional specs, user flows, personas, and use cases.
- Oversees workload of distributed, offshore, outsource resources who will also be providing UI and UX work on individual products and platforms.
- Communicates and facilitates communities of practices related to the UI and UX throughout the organization
To be considered
- University degree in the field related to UX/UI design, human computer interaction, usability, human factors, design, psychology, computer science, or other relevant field plus minimum of 7 years of professional experience as a user experience/user interface designer, human factors engineer or comparable roles.
- Proven track record and demonstrated experience in taking on complex assignments/initiatives as the lead
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with emerging technology
- Experience with design, wireframe and/or prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Invision, Figma, Axure, Balsamiq, or equivalents
- Experience working in an agile development team
- Exceptional project management and organization skills, and experience in planning and estimation of projects
- Experience in advocating for role of user experience, and in acquiring funding for hiring, research and design efforts
- Understanding and experience in designing and developing for Accessibility requirements is desirable.