Encord is a London-based startup building a comprehensive training data solution for computer vision AI applications. We are backed by Y Combinator, the Harvard Management Company, top industry executives, and other leading Bay Area investors.
Started by ex-computer scientists, physicists, and quants, we felt firsthand how the lack of tools to prepare quality training data was impeding the progress of building practical AI. AI feels to us like what the early days of computing or the internet must have felt like, where the potential of the technology is clear, but the tools and processes surrounding it are terrible. We have devised a unique methodology for automating the tasks related to preparing quality training data, in effect turning the training data problem into a data science problem.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced UI/UX design engineer to help us build, design, and ship delightful and innovative products and features for modeling, creating, and managing training data for building AI applications. You will be collaborating closely with our customers to understand how they interact with our web-based UI s, and how we can make them more intuitive and look prettier.
Our ideal UI/UX designer has taken part in designing technical B2B/Enterprise SaaS products from ideating using wireframes and all the way to production. Needless to say, the right candidate is passionate about beautiful product UX and design.
The right candidate will have proven experience working with web frontend development and design, with any of the following is a plus:
- Rapid prototyping of user interfaces using commonly used tools such as Figma, Photoshop, or similar
- A good understanding of the formal elements of design, not just limited to the web and including typography, layout, balance, and proportion
- Experience building public facing websites that work elegantly across commonly used browsers
- Advanced knowledge of modern HTML and CSS; experience with JavasScript and/or React is a plus
- Team dinners
- Private health insurance
- Office in Soho (London)
- Intro call
- UI/UX design exercise
- Exercise follow-on interview
- Fit interview I
- Fit interview II