Luno is a remote but reachable company! At Luno, we trust that people can do their work effectively anywhere and provide Lunauts with the flexibility to decide where they do their best work. For some of us, that s at home for the majority of the time, for others, that might mean joining other Lunauts in person at one of our Luno workspaces more often. Luno is built on our relationships, so we still value in-person connection and have a minimum expectation of spending time in person once a quarter. So as long as you are based in one country with a Luno workspace, we want to hear from you!
About the team:
As a UI Design Specialist, you will sit in our central Product Design Foundations team alongside other design specialist roles such as Motion Designers, Product Illustrators and Design System Specialists.
Our wider multidisciplinary Product Design team consists of Product Designers, UX Writers, and the Product Design Foundations team, and is distributed throughout South Africa and the United Kingdom.
The role in a nutshell:
Luno has recently shipped a brand update co-created by world-leading design studio, Koto , which has established a promising new style direction for our user interface. We are looking for experienced talent to bring this new brand to life within the Luno app, a unique opportunity to shape and execute the future of our products’ visual design language through user interface craft.
Your mission will be:
- Diving deep into our new brand position and guidelines, as well as our current UI library and documentation, to understand our intentions behind our brand changes and how we can bring the user interface of our product into alignment with our new visual language.
- Obsessing over all details, such as corner radius and drop shadow specifications, while expanding on our design system guidelines in terms of how they relate to our UI.
- Working closely alongside Design Systems Specialists to ensure documentation and components are robust, partner with Motion Designers to create realistic prototypes that you will use to test and validate your assumptions with customers which will inform proposed changes to our UI, before working with our various engineering teams to ensure consistency and quality during the delivery process.
A little about you:
- 8+ years of industry experience designing expressive, adaptive user interfaces for consumer mobile applications.
- A strong portfolio showing multiple projects and highlighting your direct contributions, with a clear focus on visual designs for native mobile applications. See Luno s design portfolio tips here.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of user interface best practices and global user interface design trends, and expert proficiency with industry standard tools, such as Figma.
- Experience collaborating with multiple cross functional teams across a global organisation, with the ability to solve problems and deliver solutions in an iterative software development environment. Strong communication skills for articulating, discussing, and advocating design decisions are vital.
- Experience creating, implementing and maintaining a design system across multiple platforms (Android, iOS&Web) using tools such as Figma, Sketch, Storybook etc.
Luno makes it simple to buy, store and explore crypto. More than 10 million people have chosen to invest in crypto with Luno using our platform, which is available on Apple, Android and as a desktop experience. We ve enabled over $52bn of transactions and we securely store over $1bn for our customers around the world.
Our mission is to put the power of crypto in everyone’s hands because we believe that giving people access to a robust and fair financial system is a basic human right. We are with customers at every step of their investment journey with clear, jargon-free information and an easy-to-use app experience that helps people get started from as little as $10.
In order to make crypto accessible to everyone, everywhere, we re on the ground in more than 40 markets across North America, Africa, Asia and Europe. We are registered with all local financial intelligence authorities and proud of our strong Anti Money Laundering measures and world-leading compliance teams. All the crypto we store for our customers is regularly verified by independent auditors. Luno is the trusted guide that will bring crypto to over 1 billion people by 2030.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Forward-thinking and ambitious team that values diversity, hard work, and the continuous quest for excellence
- Remote but reachable work policy gives you the freedom to choose between working from home or the office
- Improve body and mind, with excellent private medical insurance
- Free training courses on Udemy and CodeAcademy
- 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even paw-ternity for your furry friend
- Annual Inspiration Day
- A collaborative, friendly work community, with regular social events and virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts
- Free lunch and snacks
- Free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music
- Hiring Manager Interview
- Case Study Panel Interview
- Hiring Manager Interview
Figma, MobXFigma, Mobile Design