This Software Engineer will be joining a growing Engineering team within an exciting international corporate that provides Technology Systems, Software & Solutions to the Insurance industry across the globe.As a permanent staff member, the Software Engineer can choose hybrid working from the company s offices in the West Midlands or West Yorkshire, alternatively, you can choose to work remotely from home – anywhere within the UK.The Software Engineer will Need:
- Proven technical experience in own technical specialism?
- To be competent in undertaking a range of technical support activities
- Development experience on Linux operating systems using Informix
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL statements
- Knowledge of Linux tools and techniques such as shell scripting
- Appreciation of cloud concepts
- Agile processes and practices
- Web services and their use
- The ability to work with customers to define requirements and resolve technical issues
- SDLC (design, development, and testing)
- Understand Source control systems and their benefits
- Confident communication skills with the ability to liaise at all levels
- Use of Microsoft tools
The Software Engineers role will include:
- Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality assurance techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions). Advises database designers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Specifies user/system interfaces, and translates logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance requirements and existing systems. Produces detailed designs and documents all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents moderately complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications, using agreed standards and tools. Conducts reviews of supplied specifications, with others as appropriate.
- Identifies and resolves issues with applications, following agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to collect agreed performance statistics. Carries out agreed applications maintenance tasks.
- Develops a broad understanding of technical publication concepts, tools and methods and the way in which these are implemented. Develops an understanding of development support activities, such as information gathering, user task analysis, creating draft documentation, and illustration, and printing and publishing. Works with colleagues and clients to create new sections of technical documentation through all stages of the publication process as support literature.
- Defines the integration build and produces a build definition for generation of the software. Accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds for loading onto the target hardware from software source code. Configures the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records the details of any failures. Carries out and reports fault diagnosis relating to moderately complex problems.
Interested Candidates seeking a quality employer with interesting and challenging work should apply now and can expect initial feedback on their application within 72 hours.