Senior Visual Design – Sketch/Figma – sought by leading retail bank based in London – contract
inside IR35 – umbrella only
Visual design is the first impression consumers will have of our product -it is arguably the most important impression it’ll make. Users will decide whether to trust the credibility of a website/app based more upon its visual cues than its actual content. Additionally, it is one of the strongest ties a designer can use for effectual branding.
SO, WHAT DOES THAT INVOLVE?
Your role is to inject compassion & creativity into the work of a multidisciplinary team of designers, product owners & engineers, ensuring customer focus through everything they do:
- Work with a given design system and branding guidelines to create a series of visual assets, such as illustrations and animations, for a new digital identity app.
- Actively participate on the improvement and iterations of the digital identity service.
- Develop deep empathy for people, understand their needs, aspirations and challenges. Sharing knowledge & improving design methods as an active member our design community.
WHAT WE WOULD LIKE
Empathetic Collaborating Inquisitive Problem-solving Proactive customer advocate.
With 6-8 years’ experience, you’re used to working collaborative in multidisciplinary teams across digital journeys. A self-starter, with a good eye for detail, you’re comfortable taking the initiative to make sure we’re communicating in the simplest, most effective ways with our customers.
The role involves balancing all the factors that govern our business and how we look after customers’ interests:
- Proven & demonstrable background at a senior experience in visual design for large scale projects.
- Advanced skills in: visual design across multiple platforms (iOS and Android) and mobile and web, prototyping, sketching skills
- Lead the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries;
- Experience of supporting user research activities;
- Proficiency with industry standard design & business tools such as; Adobe CC, Sketch, Figma, InVision and After Effects;
- The ability to handle key stakeholders in the business who come from digital and non-digital backgrounds;
- Understand of the design thinking process and end to end user experience;
- Ability to taken in feedback, listen to others and present to stakeholders.
This role is in the Digital Identity team, a multi-disciplinary design, product, and engineering team. Digital identity is a new and growing market in the UK, driven by the convenience it brings to individuals and by government legislation.
In addition to the core team, you’d also be part of a community of designers providing a network of support within your craft and across other design fields.
This is a London-based hybrid role, where you may be asked to travel into the office for 2 days a week. At the moment, the team goes into the office for activities such as in-person workshops and spends the majority of the week working from home. We’re open to flexible working requests, so this is something we could discuss in an interview.
Please apply within for further detail or call
Matt Holmes – Harvey Nash