Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior UX Designer to join our rapidly expanding CX team, where you will work alongside specialists in UX, UI and Service Design, Optimisation and Consulting.
Reporting into the UX Lead, this is a role requiring someone with excellent online experience, and who has a portfolio to prove it.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll be a key part of the team and expected to take the initiative in ensuring the customers’ needs and our clients’ requirements are fully understood and met by the proposed solution. This is a practical role requiring someone with excellent technical ability who can lead and craft UX project deliverables across all phases of the design process, including running business requirements workshops, participating in research and usability testing, and the creation of design artifacts such as journey maps, wireframes and prototypes.
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win – we win!
We need you to be really great at:
- Designing and running product definition and UX requirements workshops
- Analysing research data to identify and generate meaningful insights and behavioural patterns
- Using design thinking techniques to identify opportunity areas for new experiences, propositions, products and services, then help bring together the thinking around feasible, and viable solutions
- Creating design artefacts – eg, personas, journey maps, storyboards, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, etc
- Communicating, defending and building consensus around the desired product strategy and/or suggested design approach
- Working closely with stakeholders, fellow designers, program managers and developers, contributing to the improvement of the design quality and final user experience
- Collaborating with Account Leads, Head of UX, Head of CX and clients as a part of the creative process, understanding business drivers and provide UX leadership to clients and internal teams
- Presenting and communicating your ideas and design rationale both to working groups and C-Suite
If you have any of this even better
- Solid experience, ideally hospitality industry (pubs & restaurants) although this is not necessary.
- Compelling portfolio that demonstrates high quality, best in class UX design
- Experience owning the full UX process, including running discovery phases (both internal and external and qualitative and quantitative research), and solving complex problems using design-thinking methods and techniques
- Solid information, interaction and experience design skills
- Ability to understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future developments
- Able to adapt to changing priorities, complexities and ambiguity
- Excellent client communication skills
Wunderman Thompson Commerce inspire people to shop online through digital solutions, driving growth for world-leading brands and retailers.
How? We create, support, and improve digital shopper journeys, across leading channels including retailers, direct-to-consumer (D2C), marketplaces (Amazon and beyond), and social channels. And we work with some of the biggest and most exciting brands around, such as Calvin Klein, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury’s, Selfridges, Shell, Tiffany & Co. and Tommy Hilfiger.
Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, Wunderman Thompson Commerce are unique in our ability to connect world-class strategic thinking and creative insight with deep executional capability across technology and operations. Together, this enables us to deliver winning commerce solutions across all major digital routes to market worldwide.
We’re part of WPP, a creative transformation company who use the power of creativity to build better futures for people, planet, clients and communities and is recognised as a Leader in The Forrester Wave: Commerce Services.
Tell me more! We are a diverse team of 1700+ commerce experts across more than 20 offices worldwide, including state-of-the-art offices in Watford, Central London and an eCommerce Centre of Excellence in Lisbon. We believe that growth through commerce begins with connected customer experiences that amplify the brand and drive business outcomes. We excel at orchestrating commerce touchpoints through intelligent deployment and integration of world class technology from strategic partners like Adobe, SAP, Salesforce, HCL, Shopify, BigCommerce and commerce tools, as well as driving sales from marketplaces and retailers. We have recently expanded our capabilities to include NN4M, specialists in Mobile Commerce and Satalia, experts in Artificial Intelligence.
Our reputation is based on our people, and we believe we have some of the best in the business – people who are inspired, energetic and straight-talking, and who really want to understand both our clients and their customers. We are happiest when we are innovating and shaping the future of commerce. We live and breathe our values and take pride in what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
As our business grows internationally, we’re looking for new people to join us on our journey to inspire and take a key role in shaping some of the best commerce solutions, services and websites in the world. Working as a team, no problem is insurmountable; we share in our client’ successes and believe that anyone can show creative bravery no matter what their role is in the team.
At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.