Senior UI/UX Designer
As a Senior UI/UX Designer at cord, you ll join a company with design and user experience at the forefront of everything we do. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior UI/UX Designer or Product Designer to have a big impact on the entire organisation and the experience of cord users.
What you ll do as a Senior UI/UX Designer
As a Senior UI/UX Designer, you ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for thousands of people.
Collaborating closely with other Designers, Product Owners, and Engineers, you ll take on the entire process – from running user research, creating user flows and wireframes, to building & evaluating UI mockups and prototypes.
As a senior member of the team, you ll help improve our processes and ensuring we re adhering to industry best practices and up to date with new trends. You ll be seen as an inspirational example to the junior members of the team, offering them mentorship and training where possible.
We are extremely user-focused and our UI/UX Designers are seen as user advocates, anticipating users needs, putting them first, and ensuring our product delights them. We follow cord’s design system & guidelines as well as accessibility standards and usability best practices.
- Conduct user testing and user interviews to evaluate design assumptions and improve cord’s usability and accessibility.
- Identify user requirements by researching and analysing user needs and working methods, how users consume content, meeting with focus groups, and participating in user research
- Create user flows, wireframes, concept mock-ups through to fully functioning prototypes
- Develop and maintain clear and detailed UX documentation that fosters a delightful user experience
- Take ownership of the user experience: mapping user journeys, designing interactions, present and defend design and deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Know when to follow our design system guidelines and when to break it to create engaging layouts
- Identify opportunities for us to improve our team processes and structure
- Mentor and inspire junior members of the team
What do you need?
We re looking for a detail-oriented and passionate Senior UI/UX Designer, with a deep user focus and experience working on the end-to-end design process within a multidiscipline product team.
- Experience working as a Senior UI/UX Designer or Product Designer within a product team
- Experience collaborative with other Designers, Developers, Product Owners, and Data Analysts
- Ability to share your knowledge with the team and mentor more junior designers
- Ability to gather user needs and translate them into digital experiences
- Understanding of the user-centred design principles, usability heuristics, gestalt principles, universal design and accessibility
- Knowledge of responsive web design, cross-browser compatibility, creating excellent user experiences
- Good understanding of personalisation, experimentation, UX principles, A/B and multivariate testing and CRO tactics
- Demonstrable experience in creating UX artefacts – Journey maps, IA, low-res and hi-res prototypes and wireframes
- Experience using UXPin or Figma
Our mission is to increase the number of people doing their best work.
cord is a messaging tool that enables the most simple transaction on earth – a conversation – to happen between someone and their future colleagues. So far, we ve started nearly 200,000 conversations, helped thousands of people find their best work, and helped companies build whole teams.
We re exceptionally proud of what we ve built and the incredible people who have made that possible. But this is only the start
We’ve grown to a team of 60 people since 2016 and are are set to scale further in 2022/23. We re a diverse team of talented, value-driven and results-focused people working to create positive change at scale.
We believe doing your best work is rooted in freedom, autonomy and a clear focus. We ve made a huge effort to never take VC funding and it shows in our values-based culture. We also pledge 1% of our revenue to underrepresented groups.
- Unlimited holiday: We run on results, not facetime
- Stock Options: Everyone has stock
- Culture: A supportive culture that actively encourages continuous learning and progression
- A Fun & Rewarding Environment: stimulating, fast paced, meaningful & exciting
- Mental Health Support and Therapy sessions for free
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular team building and social events
- Tech / Kit Budget to give you the tools you need
- Screening call with recruitment team
- Take home UX challenge
- Interview with UX & product team
- Final round with founders
UI/UX, Product Design, User Research, Prototyping, User FocusedUI/UX, Product Design, User Research, Prototyping, User Focused