For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
Global Relay’s enterprise applications have a substantial footprint in the messaging & archiving space for compliance. This role provides an excellent opportunity to help solve challenging problems and create incredible experiences that significantly impact high-profile customers.
The UI Designer focuses on visually guiding the user through a product s interface via interactive elements across multiple platforms (web, desktop and mobile). This will involve creating high-fidelity mock-ups, iconography, UI illustration and other graphic assets for a range of products and services. The UI Designer will be responsible for taking Global Relay’s Design System to the next level by delivering pixel-perfect designs that bring clarity and unity to our visual language.
Working with other UI and UX Designers, Product Managers and Engineering teams in a highly customer-focused agile environment, you will be involved in the product development lifecycle from concept to delivery to help define our products’ vision.
- Design and evolve the look and feel of Global Relay’s visual language
- Follow a Human Centred Design approach and adhere to UX best practices
- Apply with conviction the best principles of layout composition, typography, visual hierarchy and motion design
- Deliver pixel-perfect graphic assets that are aesthetically vibrant
- Lead and create user interfaces that are sleek and easy to use
- Translate high-level requirements and interaction flows into intuitive and functional user interfaces
- Communicate your design ideas with conviction within the UX team and non-creative stakeholders
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, mock-ups, and prototypes to communicate design ideas and solutions effectively
- Design and document new components and interaction patterns for Global Relay’s Design System
- Ensure new components and designs meet WCAG and WAI-ARIA accessibility standards
- Adhere to existing patterns and apply consistency accordingly
- Identify opportunities for UI improvement or differentiation
- Facilitate workshops to get cross-team alignment on new standards
- Support engineers focused on building the design system
- Measure and monitor the performance of the components you work on
- Champion and establish a solid UI practice and be accountable for the UI output
- Work alongside engineering teams to test and iterate on the interface design
- Guide engineering teams through the build and QA process
- Collaborate closely with other UI and UX Designers to find practical solutions to challenging workflows
- Coach and support junior UI designers in the team
We re looking for a UI designer with true artistic talent and a clean, strong visual aesthetic. Relevant training and work experience are important, but we re really looking for your talent to shine through in the work you have done.
- 5+ years of experience doing visual/UI design for web, desktop and mobile applications
- Portfolio of relevant UI design work from shipped products/ apps/ services
- Bachelor’s degree in a design-related discipline is preferable
- Solid understanding of user-centered design best practices
- Strong typographic and colour theory knowledge
- Ability to create icons, illustrations and other graphic assets for the web
- Ability to create and quickly iterate on high-fidelity mock-ups
- Ability to create high-fidelity prototypes to communicate motion and screen transition
- Ability to communicate UI ideas verbally and visually in an efficient and clear manner
- Ability to take ownership and solve problems creatively
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and component libraries
- Knowledge of responsive design and mobile design guidelines
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and approaches
- Knowledge of conventional design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and keep organized in a dynamic environment
- Motion design experience is an asset
- Experience in an enterprise business environment and Agile is definitely an asset
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
We understand flexible work arrangements are important and we encourage that in our work culture. Whether it s flexibility around work hours, workstyle, or lifestyle, we want to ensure our employees have a healthy work/life balance. We support and value a hybrid work model that blends collaboration with the team in the office and focus time from the comfort of your home.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit .
- Private pension
- Full medical cover
- Dental care
- flexi working
- Free fruit
- Snacks coffee etc.
- 25 days holiday
- Life insurance
The hiring process is as follows.
- Phone Interview
- Take Home Test
- Technical Interview
- Cultural Interview
UI/UX, Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative SuiteUI/UX, Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite