Senior Technical Writer/Senior Technical Author – Remote in the UK – Permanent
Calling all Senior Technical Writer/Senior Technical Author in the software industry!
Growing software house is seeking a Senior Technical Writers/Senior Technical Author who comes from a software consultancy or the like to join their international tech team. We are looking for a true leader who enjoys working in a communicative and collaborative environment drafting high level illustrations and architecture diagrams for the various projects they are running.
You will also be required to research, outline, write and edit new and existing content, serve as a mentor to more junior teammates and participate in various meetings and product releases.
This is a fully remote role for people who are living in the UK and eligible to work in the UK. There is no opportunity for this role to be offshore (from UK) or provide sponsorship.
The Senior Technical Writer/Senior Technical Author will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Research, outline, write and edit new and existing content
- Creation and updating of online help, solution guides and other documentation needed
- Serve as a mentor to team members
- Participate in major product releases
- Work with various technical and non technical stakeholders (such as Software Engineers, Testers, Product Managers, UX devs and designers, marketing ang support teams
- Attend meetings and demos
- Prepare Illustrations and architecture diagrams
The Senior Technical Writer/Senior Technical Author must have the following experience and skills:
- Must have more than 5 years’ experience in a Technical writing role
- Must have experience in a software house/software consulting and dev environment
- Must have technical understanding and strong working knowledge of content development
- Proven working knowledge using MadCap or similar content management tools
- Solid usability experience
- Style guide experience
- Confident, effective communicator in English (both verbally and written)
- Job role: Senior Technical Writer/Senior Technical Author
- Job Type: Perm
- Location: Remote in the UK
- No sponsorship offered – you must have the right to work in the UK and be based in the UK
- Annual base: £45 – £50k per annum plus great benefits
Please apply now as we have immediate interview slots with the view of the successful candidate starting next week.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Storm Robertson, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.