Collinson Group is a global leader in driving loyalty and engagement for many of the world’s largest companies. Predominantly through the provision of travel related benefits within a market leading digital travel ecosystem. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits and Insurance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services now accessible to over 400m end consumers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,800 people.
We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception – from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP. Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.
Key clients include: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, LATAM, Flying Blue, Accor, EasyJet, HSBC, Chase, HDFC.
Our mission is focused on doing good beyond profit, which for us means we seek out opportunities for our people to share in our success and that we give back to the communities and people within which we work.
Never short of ambition, the success of our business is delivered through the diverse and talented team of over 1,800 colleagues globally.
Purpose of the job
Overseeing the product development team to deliver high return on investment, the Senior Technical ProductManager translates ideas into strategy and features, directing the product development process fromstart to finish. Working in collaboration with cross-functional teams and external partners, this rolecontributes to the establishment of an effective product roadmap, strategy, and vision to achievebusiness goals and objectives.
• Define and lead the vision and strategy for the products through a deep understanding ofcustomers and industry trends
• Ensure roadmap is aligned with portfolio vision, business objectives and market needs
• Lead the development and execution of product specific, and where applicable, cross-portfolio strategy that spans across products, advocating for the optimal investment ofresources to realize the potential of the roadmap
• Participate in product positioning and pricing strategies, support cost reduction, marginanalysis, and forecasting
• Lead group of Product Managers to create an API product ecosystem under their
responsibility while balancing the impact on customer engagement and revenue
• Make strategic and data-based decisions about trade-offs, balance scope with quality, andcommunicate to various audiences, from teammates to executives
• Lead the development and implementation of the product roadmap across one or moreproduct lines and communicate the outcomes of product tests and experimentation to aspectrum of audiences, from team members, PM peers, and executives
• Establish the process that would enable your team to always understand critical customerrequirements, business goals, clearly define product target state, and work with other teamsin designing optimal user experiences and scalable services
• Collaborate with product managers, designers, engineers, and other employees acrossproduct lines on execution of the product strategy that optimizes work across product lines,and ensures visibility and collaboration
• Incorporate strategies to work with risks and threats into all the plans; drive these strategiesproactively at all levels
• Collaborate in the development and execution of go to market plans, working proactivelyand across all stakeholders to anticipate needed communication and planning from aproduct perspective
• Ensure balance of a fast-paced iteration and execution with a diligent and lasting focus onlong-term impact
Data Driven and Customer Centric
• Take a customer-first approach in defining success metrics, prioritizing requirements, andcommunicating plan, progress, and success
• Work closely with the different business offering teams to understand the requirements,priorities, and drive to a common goal
• Spend time with end-users to understand their pain points and gather insights on how wecan solve big customer problems
• Coordinate, gather, and lead research on competition, alternative offerings, and markettrends across product lines; Synthesize findings from all signals to optimize decision making
• Drive initiatives to proactively seek feedback and enable the teams to act on it to improve allaspects of the portfolio – from product performance and client satisfaction, to services,sales, and support
• Track and report on key metrics, including P&L, that inform product and portfolio success
• Bring clarity to ambiguous and large problem areas through effective hypothesis testing,using both qualitative and quantitative signals
• Lead and manage a team of Product Managers in your group while enabling and ensuringcollaboration and alignment with other Product Management groups across theorganization
• Make sure the Product Managers in your group are aligned around company strategy,
evangelize customer first and data driven approach
• Represent the team in presentations, meetings, customer, and partner events
• Develop strategic relationships with clients and partners in order to better inform and guidenew product and portfolio capabilities to meet market needs
• Evangelize best practices of product development and project management to improve thecompany wide ability to create business changing ideas
Knowledge, skills, and experience required
• Experience in creating API ecosystems
• Technical understanding of platform engineering including creating effective APIs
• Proven product management experience planning and executing in a fast paced, crossfunctional environment
• Engineering experience gained across key Web 3.0 components such as (Blockchain basics,IoT, decentralised networks, AI, Front end dev across interactivity e.g. AR / VR)
• Knowledge of frontend frameworks like AngularJS/ React etc.
• Knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) – ECR, S3, CodeBuild, EKS, Lambda etc.
• Management and Leadership experience in a team of product managers
• Practical experience working with engineering teams, understanding systems and generallytech-savvy
• Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as an ability to balance and representthe interests of a cross-functional group of stakeholders
• Proven experience in researching market trends and competition, collecting user interviewresults and user data analysis as well as internal planning and scoping to create a businesscase and spec for needle-moving projects and features
• Experience developing a product vision, strategy and roadmap based on research, data, andindustry trends
• Understanding of various blockchain technologies with either practical application or
theoretical insights on potential across the Travel and Loyalty
• Strong technical experience with experience leading the design and development of
complex software systems
Collinson is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes differences in all their forms including: colour, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, neurodivergence, family status, age, individuals with disabilities and people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences as we strongly believe this contributes to our on-going success.
We are focused on continually evolving our purpose driven, high performing culture, providing an environment where our people have the opportunity to achieve their full potential and do interesting and meaningful work. Our company values are: Act smarter, Do the right thing, One team and Be insight led. These help guide everything we do internally in terms of how we think, act and interact, right through to how we deliver value to our customers and clients.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
If you need any extra support throughout the interview process, then please email us at
We also have our very own Beacons (Domestic Abuse Advisors) supporting within each of our global offices. Our Beacons will be your point of contact if you or someone you know needs support.