Lyst is on a mission to create the leading platform every fashion shopper uses to decide what to buy. We re building the definitive fashion shopping app, and as part of this we have ambitious plans to create a unique content offering that thrills fashion lovers.
We work in small, self-managing, autonomous teams with end-to-end responsibility for a specific customer-focused project. This structure brings together Lysters from all the disciplines that are needed to deliver the squad’s goals. We reward these squads for the impact they make and value the innovative approaches that autonomy and alignment can bring. We hire great people and get out of their way.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Checkout Integrations squad to join us and help Lyst build and grow our product. You will work closely with our current engineers, designers, growth and product managers to develop new product features and help us execute our product strategy.
As a member of the checkout integration team you ll be working on the backend of the checkout processing pipeline, working with payments providers and retailer integrations. The team is responsible for optimizing the order success rate with our retailers integrations to ensure the development of our new Marketplace.
Recently, the company has increased the number of retailers for which it is possible to perform an integrated checkout, resulting in the need to provide additional engineering investment in a high converting, resilient and scalable checkout system. The role will be to provide operational support for the system, as well as re-architecting it for these needs.
We are data driven and make decisions based on the results of experimentation. You share the data mindset and are able to suggest pragmatic experiments to prove a hypothesis, and be willing to be proven wrong by data. The role will be to drive technical improvements and innovations to the system through partnering with your product manager and tech leadership.
- Work with the Checkout squads to increase our capacity to onboard more retailers and improve the volume of successful orders on the Lyst website.
- Build new integrations with an increasing number of retailers and platforms
- Coach and mentor junior engineers in the team
- Solve integration issues with retailers and focus on increasing the order success rate.
- Document and be accountable for the stability of the system.
- Integration with other APIs and services internal and external.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, QA and designers.
- Scale, improve and maintain our integrated checkout system for processing orders from our customers.
- Understand the technical architecture of the checkout ecosystem.
- Understand business requirements to improve monitoring.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- You ll primarily be working with Python (Django) on the backend.
- We are fully AWS hosted, using a range of tools and setups: ECS, Docker, CircleCI, Postgresql, Redis, SQS, SNS.
- Proven experience with Django/Python and web fundamentals.
- Curious about other languages (PHP, JS) and be willing to help out fixing issue in our various integrations
- Communication: You are able to communicate clearly and be humble when sharing ideas with everyone on the team. You are able to explain your ideas clearly and transform them into plans. You are able to design the solution to a complex problem.
- Quality: You strive to write code that is readable by everyone, well tested and robust in production.
- You aren t afraid to refactor existing code in favour of working around shortcomings.
- A thorough knowledge of automated testing, particularly unit testing.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipelines i.e. Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- You are curious at heart and like to take ownership of something to make it better
- You like to focus on quality and improving systems
- You are a team player and communicate with your peers and other stakeholders in the company on a day to day basis
- Being confronted with a difficult or strange problem makes you feel like a detective that wants to crack the mystery
- Sense of ownership over products, features and services the team looks after
- You have good experience dealing with legacy code
- You like to build and improve dashboards to follow technical and business metrics
- You have experience building for fault tolerance
- You get 29 days’ time off throughout the year to take a well earned rest, in addition to the 8 public bank holidays
- The Lyst Clothing Benefit. We’re a fashion company so we’ll give you £250 to spend on the site in Year 1, £500 in Year 2, £750 in Year 3 and £1000 from Year 4 onwards. You’re going to look fantastic!
- Private Healthcare by Vitality. Your health is important to us which is why we offer all employees a comprehensive healthcare scheme from the day that you start.
- Conferences and events. We re big on learning, so all Lysters are allocated an individual training&development budget of £1,000.
- Enhanced family leave entitlements for both parents and carers
- Discounted eye tests and glasses
- Team meet-ups, social events, sports and exercise events
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Transport season ticket loans
- Short call with the Talent team
- Coding assessment
- Technical interviewing
- Culture & Value interview
Python, Django, Flask, Java, AWSPython, Django