Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world’s most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Would you like to help us build the tools that will shape the products of tomorrow?Would you like to collaborate with likeminded, talented engineers?
The choice of materials we use has never been more important. Engineers always strive to design better solutions, and in today’s world that means considering sustainability and environmental impacts as well as product performance.
Our software allows engineers and designers to make smarter decisions about the materials they use; enabling them to create products that are safer, use fewer scarce resources, emit less pollution, and can be more effectively recycled. This work supports our customers’ carbon neutral initiatives and environmental obligations.
As a C# Software Engineer within the Materials Business Unit (formerly Granta Design Ltd), you will be developing the server-side components of our flagship product, Granta MI, the leading system for materials information management.
Developing mostly in C# /.NET, you will be part of a team of 5-8 developers and QA engineers working in collaboration with a wider team of developers, technical documentation specialists and product managers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Perform complex development activities that may require extensive analysis to extend the capabilities of Granta MI
- Employ best practices and help to maintain them through technical reviews and mentoring
- Lead the design and writing of clean, maintainable, and well tested code (primarily in C#)
- Perform complex bug verification, release testing and beta support for assigned products
- Research problems discovered by QA or product support and develop solutions
- Design new features and products working from customer requirements.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements and Experience
- Have a first-class or upper second-class honours degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or Mathematics (or related field)
- Have significant professional software development experience and experience of modern software development methodologies
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- A high level of technical competency in C# and understanding of the .NET framework
- Understanding and experience of applying modern software best practices
- An ability to design and write clean, maintainable code.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
- Experience in the following would be advantageous (but are not requirements)
- Profiling and optimization
- HTML / CSS
- SQL Server
- Experience of large-scale commercial software development
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren’t posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren’t about rules and regulations. They can’t just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we’re facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it’s about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It’s about the “what’s next” as much as the “mission accomplished”. It’s about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.