NHS prescriptions are complicated. And we want to change that. Driven by an innovative spirit and strong moral compass, we re on a mission to make NHS prescriptions simple for everyone.
Since 2015 we ve grown from a plucky start-up to a team of over 200 people – and become the fastest growing pharmacy in the UK. Today, over half a million people use our apps to manage their NHS prescriptions, and our patients rate us as Excellent on Trustpilot.
But there s so much more to do. Because while 1 in 2 adults in the UK has a repeat prescription, only 3.2% of them use an online pharmacy. And we need bright minds to help us change how people manage their medicine for good.
True to our start-up roots, LloydsDirect has a supportive, entrepreneurial culture. We move fast, challenge the status quo, and always try to do the right thing. Sound good? Then we d love to hear from you.
We are dedicated to creating opportunities and reducing barriers for everyone, we are committed to ensuring that any forms of discrimination or biases are excluded from our recruitment and selection process, performance management and pay, and that promotion and retention is fairly granted across all our operations. We are committed to seeking belonging , here at LloydsDirect. The space where we represent and understand our diversity, promote and encourage our equality and inevitably create a space where we are all free to grow and demonstrate our talents… a place where we ALL belong.
We especially encourage applications from women, people from the LGBTQIA+ community, people with disabilities, and people from minoritised ethnic groups.
What you ll do as Senior Software Engineer (front-end/full stack)
These days what constitutes “front-end” is broad indeed. For us, front-end means you care about creating performant, accessible and delightful user interfaces with TypeScript, React, ReactNative, CSS-in-JS, GraphQL and Jest. We don t expect you to know all of these already, as long as you have an interest in learning them.
As a senior engineer you will:
- Understand our business goals and strategy and be able to make decisions based on them
- Be able to take ambiguous problems, break them down, and help to find elegant solutions that don t gloss over the details
- Contribute to code shared across projects
- Mentor other engineers through code reviews and pairing
- Work on a product team alongside three other software engineers, a tech lead, a product manager, a designer, a data analyst and a user researcher.
At LloydsDirect you ll use and contribute to our design system/component library. You ll also have the opportunity to get involved across the stack (for example, learning Go or SQL) if that interests you.
This role is for you if:
- You re excited by the idea of working on a product that helps make people s lives better
- The technology we use sounds interesting to you (or you already know and love it)
- You get a kick out of making UIs that “just feel right”
- You enjoy collaborating with product managers and designers to execute on a rich product/design vision
- Hooks, time to first paint, a11y, flexbox and cross-browser compatibility (no IE, we promise) all mean something to you
- You love mentoring other engineers and believe that doing it is at least as valuable as your work as an individual contributor
This role may not be for you if:
- You re more into quibbling about tech stacks or coding styles (we have linters for that) than creating a really great product
- You measure your success by lines of code written over the impact it has
- You only want to work off fully specified requirements and to not have to talk with your teammates
At LloydsDirect we love curious people.
For this role, we re looking for someone who has real-world experience building and shipping software. We believe that engineers can and do learn new languages and technologies, so we don t require previous experience with our specific tech stack.
What’s in it for you?
- You ll receive a warm welcome from us on day 1 with our branded merch
- We care about families so offer enhanced maternity (13 weeks) and paternity leave (6 weeks)
- Staff treats
- Employee referral scheme
If you re working on site, you are eligible to:
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free fruit, snacks and drinks
- Travel Loan
- If you are working at our amazing Shoreditch office we have a roof terrace, overlooking the city with a BBQ and OFFICE DOGS!
In addition to our normal benefits we re making sure we are maintaining our culture remotely through
- £500 WFH to help get you set up
- Flexible hours and remote working
Health and Wellbeing
- Private Dental Care
- Regular wellbeing focus/activities- Yoga every tues and thurs
- Eye Tests
- Headspace App
- £350 Wellbeing allowance
- Life Assurance
Leadership and Learning
- Supported by forward thinking leadership from ‘HelloFresh, Apple, Zip car’ etc.
- Open to internal moves across departments
- £500 personal development
- Professional Subscription fees
- Company Summer and Christmas parties
- Monthly team allowance, to celebrate your team’s hard work together
- Monthly company socials – Quiz, BBQ’s + more!
Our interview process
We know that applying for a new job takes effort, and we appreciate every application we receive. However, as we receive a large number of CVs and portfolios, we re unable to respond to all applicants.
If you are invited to interview, here s what you can expect.
The first stage of our interview process is a phone call with our internal talent and recruitment team. If that goes well, the next step will be a 30 minute video call with the hiring manager. The final stage will be our peer interviews which will be a video interview with the wider team for you to chat through your experience and for us to get to know you a little better, followed by a technical interview.
You can read more about our interview process in more detail here.
Support– If you have an individual need for an adjustment to our process, please let us know so we can learn about how we can best support you and make any adjustments to the interview process.
React, React Native, Typescript, Go, AWSReact, React Native, Typescript, Go, AWS