If you’re an experienced and dynamic software developer who wants to be involved with exciting and challenging projects – Check out this opportunity at a leading Digital Agency – with package up to: £84k!
Tell me more
A rare opportunity to join a fast-growing technology company selling high-value software development services: Softwire is a leading digital software consultancy. They offer services in software engineering, design, innovation, cloud, mobile and data.
Trusted by well known organisations, including the BBC, David Lloyd Clubs, LNER and The Cabinet Office, Softwire has grown into a business that consistently delivers large, high-profile digital projects for the UK s leading brands.
Do I fit the bill? ️
- You are passionate about delivering great technical quality, whether building greenfield solutions or improving the quality of legacy systems
- You are excited by helping stakeholders achieve their goals through the use of technology
- You enjoy mentoring developers and helping them reach their personal development goals
- You enjoy collaborating with designers and product owners to innovate and devise great technical solutions to meet user needs
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and fast-paced, changing environments
These are the essential requirements:
Experience and qualifications
At least three years experience in at least some of the following technologies:
- C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Java and the JVM ecosystem
- AWS or Azure
- Relational databases
- Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary team (including working closely with other job roles such as designers and testers, as well as tools to support collaboration such as git and user story management software)
You may also:
- Have experience delivering great outcomes for clients in an agency or professional services firm
- Have experience taking ownership of large & complex existing systems, planning strategies for changes and maintenance
- Speak at conferences and meetups to share your expertise
The exciting bits!
- Softwire operates transparent pay scales and a profit share scheme based on role and overall company performance
- Base salary is based on experience in role and ranges from £54,200 – £71,100 + Profit Share
- You can expect to receive an average of between £9,000 – £13,000 in profit share depending on your experience and company performance
- Pension: Additional 5% of salary
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell) ️
- Time off for company-wide morale activities, time off for charitable / CSR activities
- Permanent health insurance
- Free annual eye test, cycle to work, electric vehicle lease schemes, and payroll charity donations
- 50% of company profits paid as bonus to employees
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Commitment to build a diverse and inclusive workplace
- Numerous exciting options for career development and training
- Dedicated budget for wide ranging staff activities and entertainment
What s the culture like?
“We re innovators. We re passionate problem-solvers in both software engineering and digital design. We are dedicated. And we love what we do.
It all started when our founders Pete, Dan, and Phil realised that there was a better way to do things. A way that delivers results without squeezing the fun out of what we do. A way that is never corporate, but always professional.
When you work with Softwire, you re not only becoming part of a team with in-depth technical skills and delivery expertise – you re joining a team filled with passion, guile, and an absolute dedication to producing the best work possible.
Voted in the Sunday Times as one of the Top 100 Companies to Work For (now known as Best Companies), you ll be working in a thriving environment full of innovation, devotion, and outright electricity.”
What we stand for
Here at Softwire, we hold four key values at the core of everything we do:
- We really care about what we do
When we say we care, we honestly mean it. Our work is our passion, and eve-rything that comes through our doors is treated with the utmost respect and with the same level of care that we d treat our own work. Because honestly – we really do care.
- We trust and are trustworthy
We re not micromanagers. We place a level of trust in each member of our team to work their hardest and produce the best they can achieve. This is an innovative but fun place to work – and we trust that you ll meet our standards.
- We are kind
Clients come to us with complex, exciting, but often challenging projects. And we are the friendly face that will help them reach their goals – and be with them for the long run. Our team is open, accepting, and always ready to accept new ideas. Because after all, in a world where being kind is free – why be anything but?
- We are fun
When you re working at the forefront of technology, every day is different. And in this fast-paced environment, we realise that work isn t always going to be fun. Some days can be stressful, but despite this, we know the importance of enjoying ourselves. Because at the end of the day, we spend a lot of time at work – so we might as well have fun while we re there.”
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at Softwire ️
Softwire is an equal-opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender including gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status. All matters related to employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
So, what are the next steps? ️
- Apply via Feisty
- Answer simple screening questions (to follow)
- Follow link (to follow) to complete your application
A job from Feisty.