Our mission is to make it 10x easier to understand, build, and deploy software. If you’re passionate about making software 10x better and believe you can make a significant impact, we’d love to hear from you.
- Create a brand new product. Take ownership of a new, unannounced product that we have in the works, which includes both a beautiful, first-class CLI experience and a powerful web UI. Join a small team to help design, prototype, test, launch, and develop this exciting new initiative that we believe will transform the software industry.
- Work alongside engineering and design. You’ll serve as one member of an executive “trio” that includes an engineering manager and product designer. You’ll collaborate with your colleagues on the vision, usability, and business viability of this new product, and take primary responsibility for our ability to execute. Further, you’ll work directly with and report to one of our co-founders.
- Work alongside customers. You’ll work directly with our customers to understand what problems they are facing, figure out solutions to those problems, guide the team in building those solutions, share those solutions with customers, gather feedback, and iterate.
- Drive our product management practices. Help improve how we build products as a company by streamlining all of our product management processes, including product planning, user testing, user story mapping, task tracking, backlog grooming, sprint planning and execution, market research, pricing strategy, customer communication, and more.
Your Ideal Background:
- Product vision. As the future owner of several major new products at Gruntwork, we’ll look to you for leadership, insights, and methodologies that will help us create a shared vision for customers. Experience with launching products from 0 to 1 is a plus.
- Product execution. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of delivering products that move the needle. You must have the ability to lead a team through ideation, prototyping, user testing, development, launch, and iteration.
- Domain expertise. We don’t expect you to know everything coming in, but to create products in our space, you must be able to quickly build a deep understanding of our domain: DevOps, CLI tools, SaaS software, CI / CD, and infrastructure as code. Prior experience in software engineering, working on dev tools, or other technical domains is required.
- Values. You are inspired by our values . Bonus points for a sense of humor, empathy, and curiosity.
Compatible time zones
You’ll be working with a team in the European time zones, so you can be located in almost any country as long as your time zone is no further west than the UK (GMT+0/BST) and no further east than Germany (GMT+1/GMT+2). We’ve found that when everyone on the team is located in similar time zones, it’s easier to collaborate and there’s much less pressure to stay up late or get up early, so this is a hard constraint, even if you’re willing to work hours different from your current time zone. Help us a create a fundamentally better DevOps experience!
Our benefits reflect our values. We believe compensation should be fair, transparent, and generous. We hire Grunts in many countries, so some details may vary.
- Location Independent, Above-Market Salary. To reduce bias and increase transparency, we compute all salaries using formulas . The formula factors in your title and uses a multiplier to produce a result that’s above market for that title. Our salaries are location independent.
- Profit-Sharing Bonus. We set aside a pot of money at the end of each year based on profits and distribute bonuses according to a formula that uses as inputs your level within the company and the length of your tenure at the company.
- Equity. We grant both stock options and the opportunity to receive a multiple of your traditional equity share as part of a unique bonus program.
- Hardware Budget. We’ll buy you a brand new 16″ Apple MacBook Pro (or other computer of your choosing of equivalent value) upon joining. It will be owned by you, not the company.
- Personal Budget. We’ll give you a personal budget of $1,000 USD per month to spend on your workspace (e.g., a co-working space), health (e.g., gym, yoga), time (e.g., babysitter), and/or learning (e.g., books, courses).
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance. We offer a range of high-quality plans with a large portion paid by the company. For countries other than the US, this includes extra coverage on top of your statutory insurance.
In addition to the global benefits listed above, we have some US-specific benefits as well:
- FSA and HSAs. We don’t contribute to these accounts, but we do offer them as an option.
- 401(k). We contribute a portion of your salary to your 401(k).
- Disability insurance. If you get disabled, we have a policy that will pay out a portion of your salary.
- Submit an application
- If your application is promising, we schedule a round 1 interview.
- If we both found round 1 interview is promising, we schedule a few round 2 interviews (generally 2 – 3, each 30 – 45 mins)
- If that goes well, we set up a 1-day, paid trial project where we try out working together for a day. We select a mini-project that closely approximates what you would actually work on, and we both get to see how we like it.
- If we both wish to work together, we present an offer.
- Prior to officially confirming the offer, we do 2 reference checks and a background check.
- You’re hired!
Product Management, Product Strategy, Product Roadmap, User Testing, User StoriesProduct Management, Product Strategy, Product Roadmap, User Testing, User Stories, Prototyping, SaaS, CI/CD