xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software partner based in Edinburgh and Leeds, on a mission to build the best digital products. We work closely with our clients, to make things for the likes of Heineken, FanDuel, Money Supermarket Group, Tesco Bank and more. Our reputation for high-quality, robust and thoughtful solutions has enabled us to scale to over 250 people in the last few years.
Our designers are key to delivering the great user experiences that make for successful products. We re looking for Senior-level product designers who can bring what they know to our team, and learn with us as we grow. We are looking for designers who understand that UX and UI go hand-in-hand, and have strong skills in both conceptualisation and execution.
We re looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer. You will be responsible for translating the product vision into the UI and interactions that bring value to users and businesses. This role will sit as part of a product design team within the design department. It reports to a UX and Design Manager.
We want to build the best digital experiences, going beyond clean designs and ease-of-use. We design for meaning and utility by putting users first. We cut through complexity and make sense of a product through thoughtful design. Through this, we ll provide clean, coherent and satisfying experiences and elegant solutions to real problems.
As a member of our growing team, you ll bring a mix of strong product design experience, design-thinking, design-system knowledge, expertise, and innovation. You ll balance a rigorous user-centric perspective with business needs. You’ll be able to make bold, evidence-based decisions and move the product forward in a fast-paced development environment.
You ll value collaboration and consistency across teams, working closely with other designers, product managers and engineers to build great experiences. Engagement with the senior leadership team will not phase you, and you will be comfortable with fast-paced work and delivering to deadline.
If this sounds like a fit for you, you most likely have:
- Expertise in consumer-facing product design, user interface design, interaction, visual and motion design, storytelling, and prototyping
- Experience of designing native apps
- Lots of experience designing elegant, polished and delightful consumer-facing UIs
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems and componentisation
- Ability to facilitate workshop sessions for clients and colleagues
- The ability to tackle complex problems, whilst identifying and mitigating risks
- Proven expertise in the user-centred design process
- A bias towards documentation
- Great communication, collaboration and presentation skills, including the ability to explain your ideas clearly and persuasively to non-designers, especially senior executives
- Ability to multitask and prioritise – knowing when to be biased for action, and when to be considered and slow things down
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
- Skilled in Figma
- Motion graphics
- Experience mentoring others
- Experience working in financial services and/or insurance
- An understanding of design patterns for behavioural change
- A good understanding of design as it relates to business
xDesign is an award-winning digital transformation and software partner in Edinburgh and Leeds. We are a dynamic and energetic team, who work closely and collaboratively with clients. We craft intuitive user experiences and valuable products across a wide range of industries, technologies, and clients – including Heineken, Visit Scotland, Tesco Bank, and many more.
Design team perspective
“I look forward to Monday mornings where I get to work alongside passionate and inspiring designers. Everyone brings something super special to the team, and I couldn’t imagine a better bunch of people to work alongside”
“The design and research team at xDesign is one of support, fun and also one that values you as a human being!”
“Top-tier team culture! Family vibes. An Inclusive, safe space, where you can be yourself – unapologetically. Enthusiastically supportive across projects to help everyone deliver their goals.”
“Working at xDesign on the design team, you really notice that accessibility, diversity and inclusion are not just buzz words or lip service but authentic values in action. I feel welcome, seen, heard and that my contributions count.”
“Working with the design team has taught me so much in a short space of time, giving me heaps of confidence toward my own capabilities and encouraging me to pursue and learn more on what interests me the most!
How to apply
To apply, send us your portfolio. This should showcase your strengths and interests as a designer. Please send this along with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you think you’d be a good fit for this role.
This position is available for UK based remote working as well as office or hybrid working for those based around Edinburgh or Leeds. Think this is for you? Get in touch for a confidential chat about how you can become part of the team.
Learn more about life at xDesign on our careers site and for more insights into our hiring process check out our careers FAQs . We believe that representative teams made up of people with different backgrounds, skills and points of view help us build the best workplace possible and enable us to create genuinely innovative, broadly useful products.
We are committed to our goal of creating the most inclusive workplace possible. As we strive to build an environment where everyone can thrive and be themselves we will continue to investigate and challenge biases, while working to identify and remove obstacles to inclusion. If you need additional support or accommodation during the application process, please don t hesitate to let us know.
- Personal development and progression plans including 6 learning and development days and personal training budget
- Turbo charge your personal and professional skills with O Reilly Learning
- 32 days holiday a year (inc bank holidays, which you re free to take whenever you want)
- Enhanced maternity
- Paternity and adoption leave policies
- Private medical insurance (and wellbeing incentives, deals and discounts) with Vitality
- Access to a financial wellbeing platform (via Bippit)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (in person and remotely)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A competitive salary which we ll discuss with you at the start of the hiring process
- YuLife employee benefits and lots more!
- Initial Call
- Workshop Interview
Figma, UI/UX, Product DesignUI/UX, Figma