Senior .Net Developer – Manchester City Centre (Hybrid remote) £55k-£65kThis is an excellent opportunity to work on a massive and complex enterprise platform built in .Net 6, that is used by tens of millions of people across the UK, and soon to be even more once launched in the U.S. next year.The system processes 1000’s of transactions and calculations every second and handles huge amounts of live incoming data streams from a multitude of external feeds.Based in Manchester city centre (2 days a week in office), this role is paying between £55k and £65kTHE ROLE:You will be working with an established community of over 120 developers on varied aspects of the platform, in a back-end capacity which will include:
- Designing and developing new features for the platform following its roll-out
- Maintaining applications using C# and other technologies.
- Write clean, maintainable, and scalable code.
- Debug and resolve software issues, including fixing bugs and optimizing performance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including designers, testers, and project managers, to deliver high-quality software.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to peers.
- Implement and follow software development processes, including Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Document software design, code, and test procedures.
- Participate in the estimation of software development projects.
- Participate in customer and end-user interactions to gather requirements and provide support.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical documentation, including user manuals and help systems.
- Mentor Junior Developers and assist with their professional development.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in C# .NET
- Experience building Web Services, WebAPI and WCF experience.
- Familiarity with N-Tier architecture/SOA
- Database experience, schema design with SQL
- Experience of Unit and functional testing is important, not necessarily strict TDD.
- Expertise in performance optimization
- Solid knowledge of design patterns and OOP concepts
- Experience working in an Agile or Kanban environment.
- Experience with messaging tools such as Kafka, MSMQ or RabbitMQ would be highly beneficial.
- Hybrid remote working (2 days a week in Manchester office)
- Flexible start times (7am-10am)
- Annual bonus
- Death in service
- Employee discount scheme
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity pay
Please note that visa sponsorship cannot be offered now or in the future, and only candidates with the relevant right to work, and who are based in the UK will be considered.Interested? Contact Jack Emmonds at Lorien GlobalIND_PC1
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG – The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.