xDesign partners with the UK s most ambitious brands to accelerate their digital product and engineering delivery, with offices in the centres of Edinburgh and Leeds and employees based all over the UK. We pride ourselves on working closely and collaboratively with our clients to craft intuitive user experiences and valuable products across a wide range of industries, technologies, and clients.
Our reputation as a partner determined to deliver high-quality, robust and thoughtful products has enabled us to scale to over 250 people in the last couple of years. We have doubled the business over the last six months and we are preparing for further accelerated growth in 2022 by delivering high quality software products for some of the UK s most established brands.
One of the things that makes xDesign unique is our amazing people and the great culture that we have built. That winning combination earned xDesign a place on the UK s Best Workplaces 2022 by Great Place to Work UK. Alongside this we earned a place on the UK s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing 2022 and the UK s Best Workplaces in Tech 2021.
We care about hiring great people so you ll be working with a team that cares. We support each other with problems, push each other to get better and celebrate success together. Developers, testers, product owners and designers all collaborate as equals on projects to make the best product possible. Every day s progress is a communal effort and you ll be a valued member of the team.
We have a structured progression framework to support development plans and career growth for each person within engineering. You ll get close support from your line manager with your day to day work as well as looking at the bigger picture of your career growth and knowledge development. Our tech:
We develop for both iOS and Android and regularly design for both phone and tablet use cases. We pick between either doing native development (using Swift and Kotlin) or using Flutter depending on the needs of the project. We don t expect you to know all three but you should have strong skills in at least one of these areas and a willingness to do both Flutter and native development.
Our iOS devs are currently adopting an MVVM architecture utilising UIKit/Combine (with the plan to move to SwiftUI next year). We ve also been using Flutter since the initial launch and currently use the BLoC pattern across our projects. We conduct unit testing across all our projects, code is always peer reviewed, and as a team we meet regularly to discuss new approaches and challenges. Responsibilities:
- Developing mobile apps with a focus on readable, maintainable and tested code using either Swift or Flutter.
- Collaborating with designers, product owners, testers and clients to deliver great products as an agile team
- Being an advocate for engineering best practices across web and mobile platforms
- Strong native or Flutter mobile development experience using recent iOS framework versions
- Enthusiastic and experienced in using engineering best practices, clean code and unit testing
- Experience working as part of a cross-functional development team
- Passion and enthusiasm for delivering great products
- Personal development and progression plans including 6 learning and development days and personal training budget
- Turbo charge your personal and professional skills with O Reilly Learning
- 32 days holiday a year (inc bank holidays, which you re free to take whenever you want)
- Enhanced maternity
- Paternity and adoption leave policies
- Private medical insurance (and wellbeing incentives, deals and discounts) with Vitality
- Access to a financial wellbeing platform (via Bippit)
- A Macbook Pro and other top tech to help you
- Regular social events (in person and remotely)
- Cycle to work scheme
- A competitive salary which we ll discuss with you at the start of the hiring process
- YuLife employee benefits and lots more!
- Recruiter Call
- Technical Hangout
- Take-home Task
- Final interview
iOS, Swift, FlutteriOS, Swift, Flutter, Unit Testing, Agile