We’re a world-class team of product builders, engineers, data scientists, growth hackers, user researchers, designers, and medical experts – all building an app that generates long-term value to our millions of users worldwide. Our engineers aren’t just building a better product; they’re making the world a better place by improving access to important health information. We leverage machine learning and AI to provide accurate cycle predictions and relevant, personalized, and medically credible health tips.
We’re looking for an experienced Fullstack Engineer to join us and drive the technological part of the Flo website. Website is closely related to the other Flo ecosystem Web products and is an essential part of the web funnel.
Our website technical stack is JS, PHP/Symphony and Sulu CMS. We’re striving to modernise it and align with the wider company Web ecosystem using Typescript, Next.js, React.js, Contentful and many more. This is an excellent and rare opportunity for an experienced candidate to drive a new project from scratch and have a chance to apply the latest technologies and modern engineering practices.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be responsible for:
- Design new user facing features, or maintain created features
- Develop, improve and maintain UI Kit based on Flo’s Design system
- Design new functionality following the highest quality practices and ensuring your code is easily maintainable
- Write reusable code and libraries (with matching documentation) to a standard which makes it quick and easy to maintain the code in the future
- Plan and execute a migration between technologies in parallel with ensuring business continuity and a good user experience
- Refactor the current codebase to improve its maintainability
- Continuously develop your skills and use your knowledge to hand it over to the product through day-to-day decisions
- Establish and actively participate in the company’s frontend developers group, bring fresh ideas on improving the code, architecture and software development process.
- Strong experience with React and Next.js or similar technologies.
- Knowing the best technical SEO practices and website performance.
- Skills in adaptive web design (Mobile First).
- Experience working with CMS, ideally headless (Sulu, WordPress, Contentful, etc.)
- An agile mindset, being ambitious, motivated and a good team player.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge and proven experience with PHP to help during the transition phase.
- Experience with React, Next.js.
- Knowledge of UX and Interaction design.
- Experience with web continuous delivery tooling and practices (build, test and release automation).
- Understanding of BI and analytical systems and ability to integrate with them. A/B testing.
UK – 70,000 – 90,000 gross per year.
Ranges may vary depending on your skills, competencies and experience.