Salary 45,000 – 45,000 GBP per year
– – Ability to deliver maintainable/clean code and set standards for other developers to follow.
– Experience building scalable server-side cloud-based web applications in Microsoft Azure and detailed knowledge of the C#, .NET, ASP.NET, .NET Core and MVC programming languages. Detailed understanding of front-end web development (HTML/CSS/JS and Node JS).
– An ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
– Experience of agile development, software patterns, continuous integration and Test-Driven Development.
– Extensive experience of agile environments and version/source control and their configuration
– Ability to design and build secure digital services, with practical experience catering for OWASP and other vulnerabilities.
-Provide hands on technical leadership to other developers.
– As a Senior Developer, you will be involved in the whole lifecycle of delivery by remove complexity in services and working with service designers, user researchers and content designers to understand user needs, with the aim of ensuring services are simpler, clearer and faster to use.
Your role will also involve:
– Identifying potential improvements to existing services and work within the Digital Team
– Working in an open and collaborative way, using the tools we have to ensure your work is visible and understood. You will coach and support other members of the team.
– Actively contribute to the team and Commission goals of putting users at the heart of our services, by sharing your knowledge and supporting others to understand the role of Development.
– .NET MVC
Set up under the Gambling Act 2005, the Gambling Commission is committed to safeguarding the public against any detrimental impact brought about by gambling. We do this by keeping crime out, protecting children and vulnerable people and ensuring the commercial gambling industry is run fairly and openly. We work with the legal system, the public health system, community groups and the industry itself to understand how we can protect the interests of as many people as possible, as effectively as possible.
We are currently looking for a Senior Developer to join our team in Birmingham where you will be involved in the creation and maintenance of services for both internal and external users. You will coach and support other members of the team and be responsible for communicating technical language to non-technical colleagues.
– Salary of c£45,000 per annum
– Civil service pension, with employer contribution rate of 27.1%
– Flexible working
– Hybrid working, specific guidelines are to be agreed with line manager
– 26 days holiday and option to buy up to five days extra annual leave
Joining us means joining a dynamic, high-profile sector and being at the cutting edge of regulation, where the work you do has a real impact on people s lives.
It also means joining an organisation that is inclusive, that respects work-life balance and is completely dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential. Whether that s through flexible working, really understanding how you work best or exposing you to real opportunities to challenge yourself, if you re passionate about making your mark on the industry and on society, then we will help you do that.