CMC Invest is a new greenfield retail Investment app created by a team of product designers and engineers in house at CMC. It’s launched in its first incarnation to a small number of customers. This is just the beginning, we want to make it the best investment app you can install on your phone.
The vision for our development lifecycle is to create an environment where engineers are empowered to build investment functionality that our users desire with the least amount of technical barriers as possible. Creating desirable functionality requires the ability to very quickly iterate over ideas and feedback from users, our infrastructure and tools need to facilitate this by providing easily repeatable patterns, templates and workflows that can be used without requiring hours of training.
Our goal is to provide tools and documentation which would allow a developer to deploy new functionality within an hour of starting their work, having never worked on the system before.
We require a dedicated senior cloud engineer to help us to continue to build our AWS native architecture to help us reach this goal and contribute toward our vision. Working closely with the developers the senior cloud engineer will analyse developer requirements and then design scalable solutions and implement workflows and modules to meet those requirements.
What do we expect from a Senior Cloud Engineer?
On a daily basis, you will:
- Architect and build AWS Infrastructure patterns using Terraform
- Improve efficiency and stability for our components through building continuous delivery pipelines
- Work with our development teams to streamline infrastructure provisioning and usage
- Support what you create and help our internal squads utilise your patterns through documentation and demonstration
- Ensure we have a good operational posture by helping to build out monitoring and alerting capabilities
Key Skills & Experience
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate the below:
- Experience working on Amazon Web Services
- Experience writing and deploying infrastructure to production using Terraform
- Good understanding of DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Test Automation, Everything-as-code)
- Experience using GitHub Actions or a similar automation/pipeline tool
Useful Skills or Interests
Any of these are a bonus, but not necessary to start the role as you’ll pick it up as you go.
- Experience working with Microservices
- Understanding of SRE practices
- Understanding of Trunk based development
- Understanding of Grafana/Splunk/OpsGenie or similar tools
- AWS/Terraform certifications
- Open Source contributions
- Financial Services (or another regulated industry) experience
CMC Markets is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
- Life assurance
- Day off on your birthday
- Free coffee
2 stageAWS, Terraform, CI/CDAWS, Terraform, CI/CD, Git, Splunk, Grafana