We created Waggel because we believe technology can make pet ownership easier and more affordable for dog and cat owners.
In the 4 years since our inception, we’ve grown from a tiny company that could be fed on a single pizza to a team of 45, backed by a multi-million pound investment (to pay for today’s multi-pizza lunches).
Our mission is to leverage technology to fundamentally change how we interact with and manage our pets’ lives. We want Waggel to be the ultimate pet membership platform covering all aspects of pet ownership from health and nutrition to insurance and communities.
We are looking to refresh our tech stack using the latest tools and technologies. Although we have some ideas, decisions on the architecture and what we are going to use are completely up for grabs. You’ll be championing high quality deliverables by building new features while maintaining the current system. We have a very exciting roadmap planned for the next few years and we need an accomplished developer to join our team and help deliver what we have planned.
Our current tech stack is built on AWS in a serverless fashion, using TypeScript across the stack and supported by MongoDB, GraphQL and Redis.
- Quick – We’ve got a lot of work lined up, so you’re going to need to be able to write code quickly and write unit and integration tests at a fast pace, without sacrificing quality. You should thrive under pressure!
- Enthusiastic and proactive – Bring ideas to the table, overstep your boundaries and challenge those around you.
- Confident communicator – Experience adapting communication to suit a variety of stakeholders including engineering, creative and marketing teams.
- Comfortable with MVP and iterative development – Pragmatism is king when you’re punching above your weight in a big industry so you should be comfortable with an MVP philosophy.
- Customer centric – You will put the customer experience first at all times.
- Supporting the team in building new features, fixing bugs and bringing new tools and ideas to the table. You should be proactive and want to stretch beyond your daily responsibilities to further benefit the business and develop your skills.
- You will be building complex applications so should be passionate about writing high performance APIs and business logic
- Experience in a serverless environment, using tools such as AWS Lambdas or CloudFlare Workers.
- Experience with databases such as MongoDB and key value stores.
- Experience helping other developers around you with problems they have and help them to develop their skills.
- Experience and passion for unit and integration testing (Jest would be ideal).
- Familiar with requirements gathering and documentation techniques.
- Experience working closely with stakeholders, product managers/owners, designers and engineers.
- Competent understanding of product testing practices.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Team mentality – we work together, take risks together, celebrate together and stay humble together.
- Attend office days and company socials at least once a month. Note: travel will not be funded.
Your Portfolio Should:
- Clearly demonstrate a passion for web development.
- Show your ability at having an eye for detail and improving upon things.
- Show your adaptability and collaborative nature. You must work well within a cross-functional team.
- Salary: £70,000 – £90,000
- Meaningful equity ownership
- Permanent & Full-time
- Remote working
- Flexible hours
- Unlimited leave
- Monthly socials