Pinpoint Works is a dynamic communication platform which turns a vessel’s general arrangement (GA) into an interactive work list. We work with our clients to help them streamline their workflow and communications onboard and on shore to save everyone involved time, money, and stress. It is made by yacht crew for yachting professionals.
About the role:
We re looking to fill a dual role – a UIUX Designer with Product Owner experience. This person will take charge of the development process from designing features on our roadmap through to delivery of these improvements to our web and native apps.
This person will be a reliable, enthusiastic team player with previous experience as a UIUX Designer and have evolved into a dev team leader role as a Product Owner.
You will be joining a small, but fast-growing company within a niche sector of the maritime industry. As an integral part of this close-knit team, you d have a thorough knowledge of the product and understand the importance of all employees maintaining a high level of client dedication and discretion.
You ll be managing and working alongside a remove development team who are responsible for building and maintaining our customer-facing web and native applications. You ll also be closely working with other stakeholders and client-facing employees in this small team on a regular basis.
- You will be responsible for taking ideas and requirements from the Product Manager and creating designs consistent with our current products.
- You’ll then translate these designs into technical specifications for your development team to deliver.
- You will be responsible for the planning and execution of the two-week sprints.
- You will work closely with our QA to ensure that the product is thoroughly tested prior to release.
- Generally taking ownership of the product involving internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the Product Manager to ensure the technical team is steered in the right direction in terms of product(s) and business priorities
- Leading, managing, supporting, and motivating a small team of developers
- Manage and maintain organized program backlogs
- Prioritise, coordinate and communicate the resolution of live product issues with the development and client-facing teams
- Working with the team to create accurate User Stories
- Manage any conflicting priorities by communicating clearly with the Product Manager and development team
- Look for ways to improve the processes and management of the project and communication between team members
- Communicating product updates and improvements with the client-facing team
- Supporting users of our systems, by triaging and resolving any issues that arise
Required skills and experience:
- Minimum of 3+ years as a UIUX Designer in software-focused businesses that shipped successful web and mobile apps.
- Minimum of 1+ year experience as a Product Owner (or similar) in software-focused businesses that shipped successful products.
- QA experience a bonus, though not required.
- A keen, critical eye for assessing new product design and functionality.
- Understanding the importance of balancing security, performance and usability.
- A close understanding of prioritisation, negotiation, and decision-making needs keeping a high level of organization in the process.
- Relevant experience in an agile delivery framework, strategy and planning.
- A methodical and analytical approach, great problem-solving skills and can provide logical answers to complex problems.
- Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of seniority and disciplines within the organisation.
What we re looking for in you:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- You will be working remotely, but will need to travel to London for in person meetings. These meetings will initially be weekly, but should reduce over time as you get to know the project.
- You have a mind for detail but can see the bigger picture.
- You like to work with a team to define and solve problems, ensuring the project is delivered on time and to spec.
- You enjoy working with end users to build and deploy quality solutions that are valuable to them and the business.
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure, you like to get issues resolved and projects finished.
- You love simple, aesthetically pleasing design and have an eye for detail.
- You re curious. You can quickly understand and reason about our customers, processes and systems.
- You re a great communicator with strong written and verbal English language skills.
- .You maintain a high level or organization and can present information clearly to managment and the rest of the team.
- You’re a critical thinker and take time to think through user stories to ensure nothing is overlooked from design to implementation.
- A competitive salary
- Potential for an annual bonus
- 28 days holiday, including public holidays
- 10 sick days for mind and body care
- Automatic enrollment in a pension plan
- Casual dress
- Video call with Product Manager
- Video call with Founder
Product Design, Product Management, UI/UXProduct Design, Product Management, UI/UX