Travel technology is in our blood. Building great products is the lifeblood of our business at Holiday Extras. It’s at the core of our strategy to Remake Holiday Making. At Holiday Extras we believe time is precious , and holidays are some of the most precious times we have. So it s fitting our purpose and promise to our customers is less hassle, more holiday .
This is where you come in
We are looking for an experienced Product Management hero who comes complete with strategic vision, passion and creativity to work across two of our core businesses; Holiday Extras and Shortbreaks.
Our product engineering teams are based in our custom-built campuses, just 10 minutes from the beach in Hythe, Kent, less than an hour from London. We operate hybrid, with a mixture of remote and in-office working.
How you can make a difference
Product Managers at Holiday Extras work with cross-functional teams of engineers, designers and testers to build and improve products that help make trip planning fun and hassle-free, be it for an overseas trip, or a theme park or theatre break in the UK. As a Lead Product Manager, you ll have a focus across 1 of our 4 core Adventures who act as mini business units on a mission together to achieve the Holiday Extras strategy; Remaking Holidaymaking .
By joining our product team you’ll come together with our great mix of Product Managers, Software Engineers, Delivery Managers and Data Scientists to solve complex product problems.
The team’s work fuels our HEHA! App, Holiday Extras and Shortbreaks websites enabling us to make rapid changes and constantly evolve our product offering. We re a fast-paced team, iterating and releasing new products in rapid cycles.
Right now our goals are:
- To provide the fastest, most smartest customer service offering in travel
- Create the most valuable trip experience using our HeHa! app
- Provide the best Shortbreaks product platform in the UK
- To build intelligence into our customer experience.
We re looking for a PM to join our Buying Adventure (think tribe in the Spotify model ), which is made up of 6 squads, focussing on creating a frictionless, fun and kid-friendly buying experience. Here s some examples of the problems you might be working on in this space:
- How do we help customers understand the value that Holiday Extras can add to their whole trip?
- How can we make the payment experience completely frictionless?
- How can we make sure our booking platform has the best UXUI in travel?
How we work
We work in an agile way, always looking for ways to deliver quickly and iterate to improve. We work in sprints to deliver our goals, reviewing each other’s work and encouraging constructive feedback so we can continually get better.
But we also hope to learn from you, bringing in best practises and approaches you have picked up in previous roles. We love to learn and we are always striving to make sure we are doing things in the best way possible.
Learning and Progression
We support and encourage each other to learn new technologies and techniques, and take time out to research the next new thing and share with the team.
As well as team support you will also have your own Product People Lead, focussed on your development – as well as the support of the Head of Product, also here to coach and mentor you.
There are lots of opportunities to progress and we have a progression framework that helps you define your own career path – enabled by dedicated conversations driven by you to help you reach your potential.
Join us on our journey for the career trip of a lifetime.
What you can bring to the team
- An outcome-driven approach, able to tell us how you moved the dial on KPIs for products you’ve worked on
- A tenacious, data-driven approach to solving customer problems
- An in-depth knowledge and understanding of the digital product management cycle
- A demonstrable track record of delivering significant, innovative product solutions within the Ecommerce sector
- Expert written and spoken communication skills with a proven track record of working with senior stakeholders across varied business units
- Experience communicating and evangelising your product roadmap
- Be well-versed across the agile and digital space, have experience motivating and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience in collaborating with digital UX, design, development and content teams to deliver seamless product solutions
You ll also need to be:
- A self-starter: a driven, motivated individual who identifies opportunities, is prepared to get their hands dirty (digs into details, pushes things over the line)
- Comfortable with ambiguity, remaining unfazed when having to work out how to do things you ve never been exposed to before
- Flexible in approach, willing to change and adapt plans quickly based on new information. Cognitive biases are left at the door, and you’re not afraid to fail
- Data literate – confident and capable in data analytics, able to self-serve and interpret data to inform product direction
- An inspirational and effective communicator
- Private medical insurance and health screening
- Life assurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Cycle-to-work schemes
- Gym memberships
- Onsite fitness classes
- Birthday day off
- Wanderlust benefits
- Phone interview with Hiring Manager
- Presentation / Task
- Q&A with Stakeholders
Product Strategy, User Focused, Stakeholder Management, Data Driven, Product RoadmapProduct Strategy, User Focused, Stakeholder Management, Agile