PrimaryBid is an award-winning FCA-regulated digital platform connecting individual investors with publicly listed companies raising capital. PrimaryBid has completed over 130 transactions including for high-profile FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies in the U.K., most recently running the Community and Customer offer components for the IPOs of Deliveroo, Parsley Box, PensionBee, and Cellular Goods with its new digital IPO product.
PrimaryBid completed a $50m Series-B fundraising from leading global investors in October 2020 and is expanding internationally. PrimaryBid has commercial agreements in place with London Stock Exchange and Euronext, the leading pan-European stock exchange in the Eurozone with presence in over nine geographies.
PrimaryBid is the platinum partner for UK Fintech Week 2021, and was previously part of Tech Nation s FinTech growth programme (delivered as part of HM Treasury s Fintech strategy) and graduated from the prestigious Accenture FinTech Innovation Lab accelerator at the top of the 2018 cohort.
About the role:
We are looking for a Product Design Lead to join the amazing Design team, headed by Rory Woods. This team is instrumental in setting the tone for all things design. They work closely with various teams, including Marketing, People, Commercial and the Revenue team in order to get world class design out to both, our internal and external stakeholders. An extremely fun bunch of people who are passionate about what they do and are here to make a difference!
A day in the life of a designer in PrimaryBid:
Not every day in PrimaryBid are the same. Some of them are quite busy and “on fire” others more relaxed. In both situations, it is always a pleasure and the pace of work is very good. Usually we start the week with a company update call where we have a chance to raise questions to the founding team which is followed by two design weekly calls.
The collaboration with other departments is very engaging, and gives us enough time for work on the daily tasks in the quiet of your house, coffeeshop or in the Mayfair office. – Ermanno Fissore, Product Designer
- Lead a team of Product Designers focused on evolving PrimaryBid s flagship products in both B2C and B2B sectors
- Work closely with the Head of Design to contribute towards strategic product and brand initiatives
- Partner closely with Product, UX Research, Engineering and Marketing teams to ensure solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical requirements
- Work with Product and Engineering to streamline discovery and delivery in order ensure we build great experiences for our customers
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure that MVPs are well-defined and the design work is implemented to a high standard
- Work with Product and UX Research to identify the best opportunities both to improve our current products and services and also create innovative new ones
- Manage the continuous evolution and improvement of our design system, adhering to best practice and accessibility principles
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive and accessible across the business
You will be successful if you:
- Have 8+ years of experience in designing world-class complex commercial apps and platforms
- Have 3+ years of experience in managing a team of designers
- Have a portfolio featuring high quality examples of product design outcomes which contribute to user experience and business value
- Have strong design skills across iOS, Android and web platforms
- Have strong UX focus and understanding of human behaviour
- Have experience of managing the entire design process from uncovering customer needs and pain points, to beautiful interfaces
- Have experience in building and iterating on a product or experience based on usage patterns, user feedback and an evolving strategic landscape
- Have experience leading design sprints, ideation exercises and brainstorming sessions
- Have the ability to balance between speed and quality, experiments in design
- Have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy and clearly articulate design decisions
- Have the ability to understand technical implications in your design decisions
- Have a vibrant and engaging visual design sense
- Have strong typography and brand design skills
- Have experience utilising quantitative and qualitative research methods to drive product strategy and design direction
Nice to have:
- Worked at a FinTech or technology business
- Worked in a high-growth scale-up environment
- Understanding of the retail landscape
- Play a key role in the expansion of a highly-funded FinTech
- Significant potential to progress your role as we are expanding rapidly
- An empowering, team-oriented, ego free environment
- Flexible hours and remote working options
- A bunch of wellbeing initiatives that will be accessible to all new joiners from Day 1
- Opportunity to contribute to employee networks
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off (as long as you bring cake!)
- Private BUPA Healthcare and Babylon Digital GP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Equipment of choice – Windows or Apple device
- Unique office space in the heart of Mayfair
- Technical Interview- Once you ve been shortlisted, we will invited you for a technical interview that will be with 2 senior members of the technology team. This interview is as much an opportunity for you to understand more about the role and the plans for the business as much as us digging deeper into your experience.
- Technical Task- If you are at successful at the technical interview stage, we invite yo to complete our bespoke technical task. We try our best to send it to you on a Friday, giving you the weekend to work on it.
- Final Interview- If all goes well at the technical interview, we invite you to meet our CTO, Aaron Robinson. Aaron loves to be challenged, so please come prepared with lots of interesting questions!
UI/UX, Mobile Design, Typography, Product StrategyUI/UX, Mobile Design, Typography, Product Strategy, Product Design, B2C, B2B