Stockton-on-tees, County Durham
Principal Frontend Developer – £60K- £70K DOE – Stockton
A global leader in sustainable technologies is hiring for a Principal Frontend Developer to join their team. This company are pioneers within their field; they utilise cutting-edge science to create solutions that make a real difference in the world.
The successful Principal Frontend Developer will join a newly formed team utilising Agile methodologies to deliver valuable software for their customers. You will work alongside delivery leads, software engineers, automated testers, designers and architects. This company is continuing a multi-year investment in Technology, and this role is part of the investment and expansion. It is a rare chance to shape the technical direction of a long-standing company.
You will lead the front-end development of high-quality solutions for use within the business as well as maintaining existing software. You will promote and create a high-performance software engineering culture.
The successful candidate will advocate the Agile principles of software development. Managing mentoring and coaching individuals and the whole team in the technical and non-technical aspects of software engineering is going to be fundamental to our success.
You will work in a geographically and culturally diverse team, where remote working has been fully embraced. They have an office in Teeside and are happy to consider applicants on a remote based with an office visit every other week, hybrid or fully office based working arrangements are also available.
- You will need to be comfortable as a leader of software engineers of varying capability.
- Experience of building software and ensuring the team take account of security, capacity, performance and high availability requirements.
- Able to work with the other engineering teams to create an environment where high quality software solutions are the standard.
- React, Redux
- HTML, CSS / SASS
- Node.js – desirable
- Knowledge of Azure
- Knowledge of Agile development frameworks, and the Agile principals, demonstrate these and coach those less experienced.
Salary for this role is between £60K – £70K DOE
- Bonus scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme with several options available- up to 22.5% total contributions.
- Life Insurance
- ISA save scheme
- Healthcare plan – Various levels of cover which individuals can flex up as required
- 25 days hols plus bank holidays (can buy or sell additional 5 days as required).
- Share incentive scheme
- Relevant professional subscriptions paid
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Hometech – Salary Sacrifice scheme on buying the latest technology
- Voluntary Benefit Scheme – gift cards at reduced rates, cashback portal
To apply please send your CV