We re an innovative tech consultancy – a team of problem solvers. Since 1993 we ve been finding better ways to solve complex technology problems for some of the world s leading organisations and delivered solutions that millions of people use every day.
We bring together experts from diverse backgrounds and experiences in a collaborative and open culture to deliver outstanding outcomes for our clients, and a stimulating and rewarding environment for our people.
Our platform engineers design, build and maintain the delivery infrastructure, systems and processes underpinning technology transformation engagements and lead the adoption of modern platforms and ways of working.
About the Role
We re looking for hands-on platform engineers with deep understanding of the Azure ecosystem to join delivery teams working on some of the most exciting digital programmes around, with clients in a range of industries.
As an Azure expert, you’ll work in small product teams alongside developers, architects, designers, analysts and product owners to deliver automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure.
We encourage continuous learning, so as well as the opportunity to work with some of the brightest and best in the industry, and evaluate the latest technologies, we ll reward you for obtaining Azure certifications.
You ll have the expertise and confidence to lead the definition and support of the Azure delivery platform in complex engagements, typically working in multi-disciplinary teams on client site. You ll have:
- Commercial experience across designing, deploying and managing cloud environments in Azure.
- Experience of containers and container orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes, and AKS.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, ARM Templates, Helm, or Pulumi.
- Experience of pipeline build/deploy tools such as Azure DevOps, TFS, or Jenkins.
- In-depth automation and scripting using tools such as PowerShell, AZ CLI, Python, Bash, Ruby, or Groovy.
- Detailed knowledge of configuration management technologies like DSC, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, or Ansible.
- Thorough knowledge of logging and monitoring tools such as Prometheus, Grafana, Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Azure App Insights, New Relic, or Datadog.
- Knowledge of cloud platform design patterns and best practices.
- Knowledge of common database and caching technologies, such as Azure SQL, CosmosDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, Memcache, or Redis.
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies and experience of enabling team delivery through technology.
- As a bonus, experience of other cloud platforms and technologies.
If you don t feel you match with all the above, we re still interested! We have opportunities across a wide range of skill sets and levels in tech. More than anything, we re excited about people who love technology and learning how to make it work. We d really like to hear from you, and hopefully find you your dream job at BJSS.
Some of the Perks
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working – you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives – we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance – you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more
- We partner with Lifeworks to offer wellbeing support to our employees
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Giving back – the ability to get involved nationally and regionally with partnerships to get people from different backgrounds into tech
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Discounts – we have preferred rates from dozens of retail, lifestyle and utility brands
- An industry-leading referral scheme
- Flexible holiday buy/sell option
- Electric vehicle scheme
- GymFlex gym membership programme