Hello from the Haven Digital team! We are roughly 100 people creating incredible user experiences on our range of websites, apps, tools and systems all focused on one thing: giving our holidaymakers a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
We are in growth mode, the Digital team is set to grow significantly over the next year or so to match and deliver on the digital-first business strategy.
We have 38 Haven holiday parks from Scotland to Cornwall, in stunning locations around the UK coast. For our 2.6 million guests, we re a real breath of fresh air and we re passionate about giving them a great time with memories that last a lifetime.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Midweight Product Designer to join the dynamic Haven Digital team. Working for one of the UK’s best-loved holiday brands, you will design great customer centric experiences across all of our digital platforms, across guest-facing interfaces and team member tools. Working in cross-functional tribes with your colleagues in engineering, Product
With an ambitious digital roadmap to support an equally ambitious growth plan, you will be right at the heart of delighting our customers. You can be based anywhere in the UK for this role, as long as you re happy to travel occasionally to meet up with your team and stakeholders.
- Conceptualize and design user interfaces across multiple platforms and devices driven by the user needs
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and sitemaps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Create prototypes that can be rapidly shared with clients and/or customers for user testing and take part in user testing.
- Research, brainstorm and translate conceptual ideas into engaging, visually rich designs solutions.
- Communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of user-centered design process to cross functional delivery teams and stakeholders
- Managing the quality of design; lead the creation of Haven Design System, constantly maintain and refine the design guidelines.
- Mentor junior team members
- Passion for design with solid experience in UX and UI design
- Has worked as part of an in-house product team to launch a consumer-facing product or feature before. We know there are many great designers in agencies and consultancies, we require strong experience embedded as a key member of a product development team.
- Excellent understanding of user centered design principles and practices, web standards and layouts, typography and colour, and web usability standards
- Proficiency using different design tools such as, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Marvel
- Collaborative team player that is happy to share ideas, take constructive feedback, support with additional work when required
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high quality work under tight timelines
- Knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, JS
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and designs through sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps and prototypes.
- This role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in user experience, user interface, visual design and a solid understanding of available technologies
Every year, more and more people get away from it all for a Haven holiday. We re part of the award-winning Bourne Leisure family, along with Butlins and Warner Leisure Hotels. Give our guests a great time and we’ll give you the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Call with Recruiter
- Interview with Head of Designer
- Interview with other senior team members