Business Unit: Change & Delivery, Digital EngineeringSalary: Up to circa £60,000 DOEWe ve?made?good progress on our transformation into a digital bank. From launching new digital propositions for customers to embedding our new colleague proposition – A Life More Virgin, together?we re?creating something unique in UK banking. If we are to grow as a digital-first bank, we need to accelerate our digital agenda in a truly agile way so it s a very exciting time to be joining us.
Here s what it means for YOU:
- 38.5 days annual leave for all colleagues (including bank holidays and pro rata if part-time)?
- Five extra paid well-being days per year?
- A 35-hour working week
- 20 weeks paid, gender neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
- Market leading Pension & Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible benefits including Cycle to Work, Wellness & Health Assessments and Critical Illness
- A digital-first colleague experience
- Ability to work anywhere in the UK? (where the role allows)
And, you get these Red Hot Rewards from day one!
So, what s our Digital Engineering Vision? Simply put, we will become a fully digitised bank, by developing a best-in-class digital delivery capability for our colleagues and our customers. But how will we deliver it? By becoming a truly Agile Organisation, our Digital Engineering Agile journey started in October 2020, since then, we have set up new Tribes, new squads, new ways of workings, loads of training sessions and much much more.
The Digital Engineering team is part of the wider Digital & Innovation function, and we are responsible for IT solutions that underpin our multi-channel distribution systems which includes our websites, mobile applications and client-server applications. We are now in the process of setting up our BizApps Centre of Expertise (CoE) which will play a critical part in driving the banks Digital Agenda and we have an exciting opportunity for a Microsoft BizApps Solution Designer right now!
As a Microsoft BizApps Solution Designer, we re not just looking for a technologist but for someone who also enjoys engaging and collaborating with stakeholders. We believe in collaboration, with Agile at the heart of everything we do. We aren t perfect (who is?) so we iterate and improve as we go. We are looking for people who can not only help us continue to disrupt the banking sector but also how we become better at what we do!
Day to day you ll be ..
- Defining the environment landscape for the different projects including tenant strategy and environment strategy
- Working with architects and SMEs to translate business vision into a Dynamics365 / SharePoint /Power Platform strategy
- Architect how the different environments are connected with On-Premise, Cloud and third-party components
- Working with DevOps Lead to define how the solutions and the code is promoted among the different environments and defining the route to live
- Ensuring environment landscaped is scaled as required by project demand
- Defining a strategy for creating recycling and decommissioning environments
- Planning for environment and storage consumption within the Microsoft subscription to ensure services are provisioned in accordance to demand and forecasts
To be successful you ll need to bring
- Previous experience and a proven track record of success in a similar Solution Design role
- The ability to architect and articulate how different environments are connected with On-Premise, Cloud and third-party components
- An in-depth understanding of Dynamics 365 / SharePoint / Power Platform and the underlying Microsoft technologies
- Significant practical experience of Dynamics 365 / SharePoint / Power Platform implementations and operations
- SME Knowledge and understanding of Azure technologies and DevOps methodology for Dynamics 365 / SharePoint / Power Platform
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- A passion for driving our Digital Agenda ensuring the end user is at the heart of activities
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It s good for you, it s good for us and it s amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don t think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We d love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it) but we will need to you to confirm you have the Right to Work in the UK.
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years’ worth of satisfactory references.