Company DescriptionPublicis Sapient is looking for a Manager Accessibility Specialist to join our Accessibility Centre of Excellence (CoE). At Publicis Sapient, we believe that making digital experiences accessible improves the experiences for everyone, and that it is our responsibility to ensure that the products, services, and solutions we create for our clients and in turn their customers and employees are accessible for everyone, no matter how they navigate.Reporting to Accessibility CoE Lead, you will be responsible for helping to integrate accessibility into our ways of working, enhancing our repeatable curriculum of cross-discipline accessibility training, and developing our internal accessibility knowledge base including tools and job aids, and promoting inclusive digital practices through internal and external speaking engagements. You will also spend half of your time on client work as a UX design craft person applying best practices, including those pertaining to accessibilityYour focus will be to help empower our teams to ensure the products and services we develop with our clients meet the needs of all their customers.Job DescriptionAs part of a collaborative team, help to design and deliver a repeatable accessibility curriculum for Publicis Sapient people across capability groups and a cadence for training to ensure our people are empowered to create accessible experiences across capabilities.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a repository of tools and job aids for use across capability groups.
- Help to expand and refine our external accessibility-related service offerings at Publicis Sapient.
- Work alongside our client teams to help guide them in accessible ways of working.
- Coach and guide designers and engineers on advanced digital accessibility principles.
- Explore capabilities of digital platforms and identify strategic opportunities to drive accessibility forward.
- Document and develop best practices and technical implementation techniques.
- Identify strategic opportunities for identifying and removing accessibility barriers in order to positively impact the user experience and drive appropriate systemic changes
- Be recognized as an accessibility technical subject matter expert for user interface experiences, monitoring industry trends to identify best practices and extend as needed.
- Mentor and collaborate with other accessibility, design and usability specialists.
- Deep knowledge of accessibility standards, trends, best practices, and requirements.
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of and experience using various assistive technologies. Reliance on assistive technologies for daily work is an asset.
- Accessibility certification is a bonus: IAAP CPACC, WAS, CPWA, or the DHS Section 508 Trusted Tester designation. There is an expectation to achieve this within the year.
- Bachelor s degree in business, communication, computer science, computer engineering, human factors or a related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years practical web accessibility experience.
- Five or more years experience in one of at least three disciplines, such as front end development, experience design, or in a diversity and inclusion related role.
- A passion for and deep understanding of inclusive design.
- Proven ability to provide accessibility solutions for designers, developers, and testers.
- Expert communication skills, with the ability to translate complex technical requirements into relatable scenarios and influence design outcomes.
- Intermediate or higher programming skills, with the ability to explain desired technology outcomes to development teams.
- High Level of awareness of disability related issues with respect to digital accessibility.
- Self-driven, with ability to take ownership and accountability; must be adept at working in a self-guided manner to drive inclusive design principles
Additional InformationAs part of our dedication to an inclusive and diverse workforce, Publicis Sapient is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.