Role: Learning Designer
Location: Sale, Greater Manchester (Hybrid)
Package: £32-38k depending on experience plus amazing benefits package
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm
Our client is the global leader in evidence-based, workplace de-escalation training. They have a 40-year history of delivering their training services to organisations all over the world and continue to rapidly-expand across our international markets. Over the past three years, they have achieved record growth and want to accelerate that growth over the next five years.
This is a hybrid role containing elements of Instructional Design, Graphic Design and eLearning Development.
The Learning Designer role will work within the International Product Management Department, alongside subject matter experts (SMEs), and have responsibility for managing and developing products on their journey from ideation to launch.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to develop their skills, experience and career within a fast-growing, international setting.
• Develop engaging and impactful learning experiences that deliver value
• Production of learning content designs storyboards/scripts
• Manage timeline of product development tasks
• Design collateral for the promotion of new and existing products
• Collaborate with multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Engage with various suppliers regarding research, filming and translations
• Create simple animation / explainer video guides
• Manage online product pages with version control
• Have your finger on the pulse of innovation and the latest thinking in learning design
You’ll work with our SME’s clients to design courses, so you don’t need expertise in their industry sectors – your expertise will lie in the design of learning solutions. You’ll need a strong understanding of how people learn, with a focus on how they learn in a digital environment. Ideally, you’ll have proven experience in designing, from scratch, digital learning programmes.
Training will be provided to help adapt your skills to this role.
• Qualified to Undergraduate level or equivalent
• Working experience of Articulate software
• Demonstrable graphic design skills with solid experience of Adobe suite
• Experience of scriptwriting and storyboarding
• Team player with the ability to confidently collaborate with others
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Self-starter attitude
• Highly organised with the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to read / interpret and communicate customer feedback
• Experience of using animation software (e.g., Vyond, VideoScribe, Adobe Animate)
• French-speaking ability would be a bonus
We understand when viewing job specs that don’t match your background exactly, imposter syndrome can creep in. However, if you’re interested in the role and feel most of the areas above are a match, we welcome you to apply! Finally, feel free to include a portfolio (or just some examples) of design work to submit with your application.