Lead .NET Developer – Backend
* £65k – £75k + bonus
* Hybrid remote (fixed 2 days a week in office)
* Manchester city centre (walking distance from both Manchester Victoria and Piccadilly station)
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a newly launched enterprise platform built in .NET 6, that is used by tens of millions of people across the UK, and soon to be even more once launched in the U.S. in 2025.
The system processes 1000’s of transactions and calculations every second and handles huge amounts of live incoming data streams from a multitude of external feeds.
- Lead the design, development, and maintenance of software applications ensuring quality, efficiency and maximising performance and minimising technical debt.
- Feature development and evaluation of the tooling processes both in development and deployment alongside the Platform Engineering team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Designers, Testers, and Project Managers
- Provide technical direction and guidance to the development team, including code reviews, mentoring and ensuring the platform coding standards are being adhered to.
- Implement and follow software development processes, including Agile and Scrum methodologies, and lead process improvement efforts.
- Document software design, code, and test procedures, and ensure that all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Participate in the estimation of software development projects and lead the planning and scheduling of projects.
- Participate in customer and end-user interactions to gather requirements and provide support.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of technical documentation, including user manuals and help systems.
- Mentor junior members of the team and supporting their professional growth as well as guiding other C#.Net team members.
- Act as a liaison between the Engineering team and Senior Management, communicating project status and technical challenges.
- Assume a leadership role in the company, representing the Engineering team and promoting best practices in software development.
- Indepth knowledge of C# .NET (Framework and Core), SQL/MySQL building web services
- Excellent understanding or OOP concepts and design patterns
- Experience with Message brokers
- Expert knowledge of software design and architecture
- Experience of TDD or similar approaches to ensuring quality
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Expertise in performance optimisation
- Experience with NoSQL
- Knowledge of the latest ES standards and TypeScript is beneficial
- Working with, and supporting remote developers (working on the same product)
- A degree in Computer Science is desirable but not essential.
- AWS, Azure or GCP certification is desirable but not essential.
What is in it for me?
- Flexi-time (start anywhere between 7am and 10am)
- Hybrid (2 days in the office and 3 days from home)
- Annual bonus
Interested? Contact Philip Boltt at Lorien Global.
Carbon60, Lorien & SRG – The Impellam Group STEM Portfolio are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.