In today s fast-changing digital world, people are interacting with machines more than ever before. Whether it s crossing the street, opting for self-checkout at the store, taking public transport or walking through a crowded pedestrian area – our daily lives are now laden with automation. Unfortunately, this increased level of automation doesn’t correlate with how much the machine understands human behaviour.
Humanising Autonomy develops technology built around people. We teach machines to understand human behaviour through computer vision software, so that any human/machine interaction is safer, more efficient, effective – and importantly, more human.
We are now looking for a proactive, curious, social and organised Junior Python Developer to build and deliver products that benefit our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Take ownership of individual features which form part of our SaaS video processing product
- Run and visualise the outputs of deep learning / computer vision models on video data, as well as conceptualising and developing tools to streamline internal processes
- Be an advocate for quality and testing automation in the team
- Explain product features to colleagues who aren t as technically savvy in a way that helps them understand our amazing capabilities
We are looking for people who:
- 2+/- years experience Python
- Have Industrial / academic experience of implementing real projects
- Experience with OpenCV / other graphics packages
- Experience implementing APIs using standard libraries such as Flask, Django or FastAPI
- BSc/MSc degree with high level of Software Engineering (Computer Science, Engineering) or industry experience showing a similar level of thinking
And big plus if you also have:
- An interest in human machine interaction / visual design
- An interest in AI / deep learning
- Experience with Linux, AWS and/or, DevOp
- C++ experience
What s in it for you:
- Working with a small and exciting team of engineers, social scientists and commercial talent to shape the future!
- Have a big say in how the company runs itself
- Competitive salary and share options
- Personal Development budgets
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- 26 weeks Paid Mat/Paternity leave
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Beautiful office in Somerset House in Central London
- A “work where you work best” policy -home or office- you decide!
The role will involve large responsibility and autonomy within the company, and require the ability to work both independently as well as part of a creative core team of designers, data scientists, and engineers.
Your work will impact how autonomous systems will interact with people – a field whose relevance is rapidly expanding, and from which you can expect a fast-moving adventure!
If this sounds like the job for you, we’d love to hear from you! We are an Equal Opportunity Employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. Come as you are.
– On top of competitive salary and share options for all of our employees, our benefits are created with the aim to support you as a human being in all ways we can. That means we want to provide the best possible work environment, support your personal growth and wellbeing.
- Have a big say in how the Company runs itself
- Pension scheme
- Guarantee lots of plants in the office
- Annual personal development budgets
- Get any book you like
- Company coaching sessions
- Flexible working schedule
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 6 months guaranteed paid parental leave (for both mums & dads! )
- Gym discounts
- Activism – flexible policy on working around protests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Regular activities to serve the planet
Working with a passionate team of designers, engineers, and social scientists to shape the future!
- 30 minute video introduction with HR
- 45 minute video call with VP of Engineering
- Skill assessment with wider tech team
Python, AWS, Django, Flask, APIsPython, AWS