- London (Hybrid – 2 to 3 days on Client Site per week)
As a senior frontend developer, ideally with experience in the media sector, you have the experience to be able to work with minimal support and can influence and mentor others. You will:
- help set direction and embed good practice within teams and make decisions based on research
- plan and lead development on sets of related stories, working with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built
- have an understanding of the whole system, teach and mentor others
Key Skills and Responsibilities
- AWS: EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambdas, Step Functions
- Demonstrable experience writing and maintaining robust enterprise software in a fast-changing environment with rapid release cycles
- Competence in TDD, BDD and broader testing and code quality concerns, including the use of common testing frameworks
- Experience deploying production code in a Continuous Integration environment and an understanding of build, workflow and automation tools
- Experience of project working and professional software development processes, including agile and pair programming
- Solid understanding of object-orientated programming techniques and use of design patterns
- Experience writing REST web services
- Familiarity with both relational and NoSQL databases (we use MongoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with Linux, CentOS or UNIX operating systems
You will have practitioner level knowledge and experience of:
Accessibility: You can build user interfaces that meet a predefined set of standards. Champion accessibility to internal stakeholders. Offer design feedback to mitigate the risk of failing accessibility testing and offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to use when accessibility testing.
Communicating information: You can work collaboratively in a group and build relationships with others. Identify issues through Agile ‘health checks’ and work with others to address them. Manage stakeholder expectations. Be flexible and capable of proactive and reactive communication. Host or moderate difficult discussions within the team or with senior stakeholders.
Community collaboration: You can work collaboratively in a group, actively networking with others. Adapt feedback to ensure it’s effective and lasting. Use your initiative to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them. Identify issues through Agile ‘health checks’ with the team, and help to stimulate the right responses.
Leadership and guidance: You can understand the impact of decisions and can make decisions characterised by different levels of risk and complexity. Resolve technical disputes between wider peers and indirect stakeholders, taking into account all views and opinions. Make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity, and can recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase. Contribute to best practice guidelines.
Modern standards approach: You can competently apply a modern standards approach and guide others to do so.
Programming and build: You can collaborate with others when necessary to review specifications. Use the agreed specifications to build, test and document user interfaces of medium to high complexity, using the right standards and tools’.
Prototyping: You can approach prototyping as a team activity, actively soliciting prototypes and testing with others. Establish design patterns and iterate them. Use a variety of prototyping methods and choose the most appropriate.
Strategic thinking: You can define strategies and policies, providing guidance to others on working in the strategic context. Evaluate current strategies to ensure business requirements are being met and exceeded where possible.
Systems design: You can translate agreed designs into working user interfaces following modern standards. Manage and document technical complexity to make sure work is easily maintained and reusable. Work with well-understood technology and can identify appropriate patterns to make effective use of technologies’ best features.
Systems integration: You can define the static assets build. Co-ordinate all aspects of the integration and take responsibility for the tests around the user interface. configure the part of the system that uses the network and test that it works as expected.
User focus: You can collaborate with user researchers and interaction designers to represent user needs internally. Explain the difference between user needs and the desires of the user. You champion user research to focus on all users. Effectively prioritise and define approaches to understand the user story, guiding others to do so. Offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to use.
Web performance optimisation: You can identify and fix web performance issues. collect data from various tools to monitor and fix web performance issues. Understand that poor web performance has a negative effect on user experience. Offer guidance on the best tools and methods to use.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or similar work based experience.
- Proven experience as a Senior Software Developer ideally with a focus on media-related projects.
- Very good working knowledge of standard software development frameworks, techniques and methodologies.
- Experience with providing coaching and mentoring
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team, contributing to the development of business scenarios.
- Knowledge of software development tools and technologies.
- You are flexible and curious in your approach
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Tools / Technologies
- AWS: EC2, SQS, SNS, Lambdas, Step Functions – Essential
What will you additionally get
Community • Monthly office meetings, with lunch on us!
• 4 x seasonal events (Summer/ Christmas party etc.)
• Regular low-key social events
• Opportunities to travel to our overseas offices and meet international colleagues
• Brand new fully serviced office with sky lounge, break out areas and gym
All of the above is optional; you can come along if you want to!
Family • Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
• We operate hybrid working for most roles allowing for flexibility and a mix of home and office working
Holiday • 25 days annual leave plus the normal UK bank holidays
• Your birthday off every year (or closest working day)
Pension • Auto enrolled into a pension scheme with nest after 12 weeks
• 10% employers contribution on qualifying earnings
• Optional employee contributions
• Option to opt-out
Recruitment process It only takes a few steps
Different roles have different requirements, so the recruitment process depends on the specific position you are applying for.
Checking your CV We read every resume we receive carefully. If you meet our requirements, we will call you to learn more about your expertise and needs.
After an initial phone call, we check your skills with a task related to your position and provide you with feedback afterwards.
Making an appointment The next step is a meeting at our office or online, where you can learn more about the team and our work culture from a Spyrosoft manager and/or partner.
Getting the answer At Spyrosoft, we contact every person participating in the recruitment process. Upon acceptance, we will provide a list of the next steps.
Meet the recruiter At Spyrosoft, you can work across borders and from anywhere. I’ll help you find a suitable role.
Lead Recruitment Specialist
CONTACT OUR RECRUITMENT TEAM
If this offer seems to be perfect for you – don’t wait, send us your CV
Name and surname Your email address Your phone number Additional comments Add Attachment (max 5MB) Please note that we accept PDF, .doc, .docx or .odt format only.
By agreeing to one of the following statements, I confirm that I provide my data voluntarily and accept the information contained in the Communication. See Communication text I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data included in the recruitment documents by Spyrosoft S.A. with its registered office in Wrocław, Plac Nowy Targ 28 for the purpose of the recruitment process carried out by the Data Controller. I hereby agree to the processing of my personal data included in the recruitment documents by Spyrosoft S.A. with its registered office in Wrocław, Plac Nowy Targ 28 for the purpose of participation in the future recruitment processes carried out by the Data Controller. At the same time, I declare that I voluntarily provide my personal data and I acknowledge that the Controller of my personal data is Spyrosoft S.A. with its registered office in Wrocław, Plac Nowy Targ 28, the recipients of my data can be companies related with the Data Controller: in particular:
a) dominant companies within the meaning of art. 4 1 point 4 of the Commercial Companies Code of 15 September 2000,
b) affiliated companies within the meaning of art. provisions of the Commercial Companies Code of 15 September 2000,
c) companies associated personally with the Administrator, i.e . click apply for full job details