Fundamental Media Limited
Fundamental Media Limited
Since we were founded in 2003, Fundamental Media has grown substantially becoming a leading specialist in media consultancy and advisory services. With a global reach from the UK and Europe, Asia and Australia to the Americas, Fundamental Media works exclusively across the financial industry providing media intelligence, planning and buying
We value the people who work with us and believe that everyone is unique. We embrace different backgrounds, experiences and personalities. This enables Fundamental Media to be a truly global business. It also helps us to learn, grow, innovate and collaborate to be better partners with our diverse client portfolio.
We are proud of our people and believe in continuous support, team work, engagement, reward and recognition as well as consulting to create an inclusive working environment.
About the role:
Our backend stack includes everything from test-driven microservices built-in TypeScript to complex reporting APIs exploiting our BigQuery based big data platform. You will also work with our data team to build out complex models and implement the AI algorithms they provide.
We currently use VueJS, so experience of this or a very similar framework is an absolute must. You will have experience working on modern browser applications and building data rich applications.
We run a completely remote team, officially based out of our City of London office, but you could be based anywhere in the UK (or possibly Europe). If you are London based and prefer to work in the office then this is also an option.
Our web development team is working on advertising tech and other projects with global reach during an exciting growth period at our company and an interesting time for us all. You will be working on one or more projects as we build a highly collaborative and innovative team.
On a day to day basis expect creating interesting solutions as part of our sprint process, developing great code, advancing our best practices as part of our housekeeping weeks, and constantly learning.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Able to deliver to agreed deadlines
- Great team player
- Strong VueJS (or similar)
- Experience working with complex data structures and building out API s around them
- Examples of good UI/UX work and data visualisation
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform a bonus but not required
- A passion for the latest digital technologies and trends
- A competitive salary and bonus structure
- Excellent benefits including Pension contribution, Private healthcare, Life cover, Cycle Scheme, Season ticket loans, 25 days annual leave, 2 days paid leave for charity work, Study loans and free snacks
- The opportunity to fast track your career. We believe in recognition, reward and progression – partnered with the appropriate training and support
- International exposure and intra-company transfer opportunities
- A dynamic place to work in a contemporary, team focussed and forward-thinking company. We are a friendly but driven team
- Choice of tech
Reach your potential with us
We recognise and reward talent, hard work and driven people. Your career aspirations are important to us and we will support you to achieve your goals.
Our internal mentoring programme, was introduced to support employees reach their full potential and promote career progression within the organisation.
This has been well received and has resulted in many internal promotions! We run CPD to keep the team up to date with industry developments as well as a ‘hands on’ investment programme. Work hard, have fun, make a difference
We recognise our hard working team, so often organise fun activities to show our appreciation, promote collaboration and team building. This is an important part of our culture. We believe that a company should be fun, friendly, engaging and collaborative!
We also believe in giving back to our community. This is important to our people and to us. We offer 2 paid days for voluntary work and some exciting activities; abseiling, tough mudder, bake off’s, etc. We welcome any new suggestions!
- Short telephone call with the Director of Technology
- Initial video interview with Director of Technology and the Director of Engineering
- A video interview will other members of the technical team and HR
- Final interview on terms