Platform Operations Engineer (API Strategy) page is loaded Platform Operations Engineer (API Strategy) Apply locations London, United Kingdom time type Full time posted on Posted 2 Days Ago job requisition id JR_005080
At Barings, we are as invested in our associates as we are in our clients. We recognize those who work diligently for us and reward them for personal and professional integrity, communication skills, distinct competencies and expertise in specific strategies, ability to collaborate as a team member and true dedication to the interests of our clients.
We thank you for your interest in joining the Barings team, and invite you to explore our current employment opportunities.
Job Title: Platform Operations Engineer (API Strategy)
Reporting to: Platform Operations Manager
We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate, and skilled Platform Operations Engineer with experience in managing API Platforms to join a talented team in delivering innovative and secure solutions within the Cloud platform.
- Deliver CI/CD capabilities within the Cloud Platform that meet the required security, resiliency, observability & sustainability requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure capabilities are understood and adopted successfully
- Partner with IT Security teams to ensure the Cloud Platform & pipelines meets required security standards
- Continuously look for opportunities to eliminate toil and increase security and reliability
- Evangelize & drive a DevSecOps mindset throughout the organization
- Onboarding and supporting API developers with best practices and guidelines
- Research and development of API Platform cloud infrastructure patterns and automation
- Research and development of shared services and API’s to support enterprise needs
- Partner with Development teams, Service Desk and Infrastructure teams to monitor API Uptime and availability in MS Azure and configure proper exception handling.
- Create API Analytics and assist in evolving KPI datasets and Workbooks through reusable code
- Undertake a range of tasks including software maintenance, enhancement, and integration work; design and development; analysis of requirements, analysis of technical / support issues and testing.
- Ensure approval is gained if a solution may deviate from standards. Maintain interest in enhancing and expanding the standards.
- Aim to develop reusable components, secured applications, and high-performance systems.
- Ensure solutions have logging, auditing, alerting, reconciliation or reporting to allow for issue notification, measurement and reporting of SLA’s in line with support, security and audit or regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain appropriate re-usable test plans.
- Ensure that solutions are documented sufficiently to enable other team members to provide basic support for the team application suite.
- Ensure that all developed solutions are versioned and stored properly in Source Control using Git.
- Multi-task between various IT Operations platforms including workload scheduling, managed file transfers and enterprise escalations.
- Weekend rotation of On-Call responsibilities.
- Working closely with a team of highly skilled data and API engineers to help connect and integrate webservices across the enterprise.
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with your peers to effectively deliver robust solutions for the business
- Write tested, robust code that can be quickly moved into production
- Work seamlessly in an agile environment with engineers, product managers, business analysts, and designers to understand end-user requirements
- Support-what-you-build, including monitoring, performance tuning, and responding to incidents
- Researching next generation API technologies and patterns to support future enterprise needs
- Demonstrable expertise in Platform Operations, Engineering or DevOps Engineering teams
- Extensive hands-on experience in design, build and operations of Microsoft Azure stack, particularly PaaS and AKS implementations using CI/CD
- Experience with Full Stack Observability technologies
- Extensive experience in Azure DevOps (including repos, advanced pipelines, and package management), Terraform, Jenkins and other CI/CD tools
- Experience with SonarQube and Prisma preferred
- Excellent communicator and proven ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills and experience in delivering messages successfully to a range of levels within a large organization
- You must be passionate about innovation and love leading technological change.
- You must be passionate in creating a collaborative, caring and safe environment for all teammates to succeed
- 1+ years of experience with full stack development, including application, API, testing, and automation experience using at least one of the following languages – Terraform, Python, Java
- 2+ years in leveraging and building CI/CD Pipelines (Azure, Jenkins, TeamCity, Github Actions etc)
- 2+ years of experience leveraging an API Gateway (Kong, DataPower, Apigee etc)
- 2+ years of Cloud experience (AWS / Azure etc.)
- Experience with the following:
- SQL for database schema design (Vertica, Postgres, etc.)
- Application security best practices
- Software and system architecture
- Open-source web application frameworks (Node.js / Play etc.)
- Unit test frameworks (scala test / mocha / junit / jasmine etc.
Barings is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer; Minority/Female/Age/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Individual with Disability/Protected Veteran. We welcome all persons to apply.
Barings is a leading global asset management firm dedicated to meeting the evolving investment and capital needs of our clients. We build lasting partnerships that leverage our distinctive expertise across traditional and alternative asset classes to deliver innovative, institutional-quality solutions and service.
Our team-driven culture is based on transparency, responsibility and putting our clients’ interests first. We listen to our clients to understand their needs, so that we can be a strategic advisor and long-term partner in meeting their unique investment goals. Risk management and protecting our investors’ capital over the long term is an essential component of our lasting partnerships.
Barings is also committed to building long-term relationships with our associates and providing opportunities and support to help them succeed. With our expanding business and global footprint, Barings offers a wealth of opportunities for associates who share our culture, values and commitment to excellence in client service.
As an organization, we believe that a diversity of perspectives and strengths is essential to meeting the evolving needs of our clients, and we are committed to attracting and retaining a talented workforce as diverse as the clients and communities that contribute to our success.