Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
Job Title: Industrial Designer
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 DOE
A superb opportunity has arisen for a Design and Development Manager to work in Milton Keynes within a local manufacturing company. The Design and Development Manager is a key role within the organisation where you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of new products and product designs from concept stage through to prototype and production-ready products. As well as pricing, resourcing and sourcing of goods.
The ideal candidate will need to be presentable with strong management skills, able to successfully deliver on agreed designs and to the companies agreed budget. A self-motivated attitude, well organised with a forward thinking manner will ensure you are able to grow the company’s products whilst improving functionality and cost. Previous experience working within a Design and Product Development role is essential.
- Manage the design and development team to ensure the delivery of new products and new product designs from concept stage through prototype to production-ready products
- Work to annual budgets and strategic plans to grow company’s value
- Successfully develop products and solutions in order to meet customers tailored brief
- Ensure all products are followed with the relevant health and safety guidelines
- Work with the Marketing Manager and production teams to ensure products are designed and cost effective for the business
- Be creative and forward thinking to generate new ideals and solutions for designing new and existing products
- Detailed project management of multiple project across a wide range of customers and deadlines
- Previous experience working within a Design and Product Development role is essential
- General business awareness and good understanding of the creative process from the original idea, sketching, engineering and prototype
- Creative and have the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent design presentation skills
- Knowledge of graphic design, illustrator and Photoshop
- Full understanding of CAD and Solidworks
- Experience in the industrial product design and engineering sector
If you have relevant experience and looking for an exciting new role, please apply today.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.