Our client is currently looking to hire a “Head of” OR “Director of” User Experience for a period of 6 to 8 months, potentially with the view to going permanent. Based remotely, with trips to their London office, once or twice per week.
Duration: 6 to 8 Month
Location: Remote / Hybrid – London
Rates: Negotiable depending on Experience
As the Head of UX/Experience Design within the wider Customer Experience Leadership Team, you are responsible for innovation of the digital experience across our brands, managing multiple teams responsible for both customer and colleague facing digital experiences and working collaboratively across the organisation; all with the end goal of creating best-in-class experiences wherever we show up to our users. This role, along with their direct team, partner with Product, Technology, Marketing and wider business colleagues on a daily basis to deliver, advocating for a user- centred design approach whilst balancing business challenges and delivering to our strategic vision.
- Lead the design of customer experiences across all digital channels. Identifying opportunities to ‘join the dots’ across the experience and find opportunities to drive consistency across the experience, bringing designers together across your team to collaborate around common outcomes
- Drive user-centred thinking and promote the value of UX across the business, helping others understand the benefits and strategic importance
- Partner closely with the Product and Technology teams to create digital products and experiences that meet customer needs, that they enjoy using. Other key relationships include Marketing, Retail, Channel Operations and Insights/Data teams
- Lead and manage a large team, managing multiple major or complex projects from start to completion, with overall responsibility for delivery
- Build and develop a high-performing team, coaching and developing your leadership team and designers at all levels
- Work with your direct reports to establish clear goals and outcomes that can be measured within year, helping to prioritise the work they do based on what will deliver the most value and support our broader corporate strategy, whilst building a collaborative, safe environment for designers to test and learn at pace
- Managing workload and prioritisation across teams in your remit, ensuring they are set up for success and grow the strategic capabilities we need to continue to drive high performance in teams
- Work together with Experience Design Research, Guidelines and Standards, E2E Service Design and accessibility specialists within Customer Experience to make journeys simple and accessible to all
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Demonstrable experience of leading multi-disciplinary teams/functions in researching, defining, designing, developing and delivering digital experiences and services – client or agency side.
- A comprehensive knowledge of UX/CX craft and user-centred, evidence-based design methods and practice. Able to demonstrate positive commercial outcomes as a result of design work they have led
- A thorough knowledge of the “art of the possible” in digital product design with a good understanding of engineering and technology approaches – proven success in leading and influencing Product, Tech and UX ways of working
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an aptitude for storytelling and presenting your ideas and opinions in a thoughtful and engaging way
- Great influencing and relationship building skills. You’ll be comfortable engaging stakeholders at all levels and producing creative ways to influence, flying the flag for Experience Design.
- Adaptability and a growth mindset. In a time of digital evolution, you’ll be comfortable adapting to new technologies and environments
- Experience delivering innovative, forward-thinking solutions within a large scale, omnichannel, matrix organisation
- The leadership skills necessary to hire and build a UX team
- A pragmatic and professional person, able to marry creativity and passion for excellent design with an ability (and desire) to innovate in a large organisation with a huge customer based
- Someone who demonstrates integrity, self-awareness, creativity, organisation, team empowerment, cultural awareness, tenacity and resilience.
Intelligent Resource is committed to barrier-free and inclusive recruitment. We are a Disability Confident recruiter, and a RIDI 100 and Business Disability Forum partner organisation.
Should you choose to contact Intelligent Resource regarding this role or apply for it, all personal data you submit to us will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Notice which you can find on our website.