Full Stack Web Developer (PHP) – Global Brighton Based Software Company – £40K to £50K plus extensive benefits – Fully Remote or hybrid working options
This is a wonderful opportunity for an ambitious mid-level to senior PHP developer to gain exposure to some of the world s largest global brands. You will work with ambitious SME s, charities, financial organisations, and top-ranking educational institutions, creating beautifully customised digital workspaces that benefit companies throughout the UK, US, Canada, Europe and Australia. This company and its highly innovative products, which include collaborative, social and enterprise level business apps, are crucial in a world where there is more need than ever for successful people centric organisations to engage employees, many of whom are embracing new methods of working remotely, to improve productivity and communication in the workplace.
Our client constantly strives to create a productive environment, representative of and responsive to different cultures and groups, where everyone has an equal chance to succeed. Their core focus is on nurturing talent and helping their team to develop professionally and personally in a creative, fun, and positive working environment where many of the team work remotely from across the globe.
- 4+ years professional development experience.
- Knowledge of Git version control, networking and web application security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Comfortability with working in Linux and Windows CLI.
- Ideally some knowledge with React and associated best practices
- Experience with any PHP framework such as Symfony or Laravel.
- Software Development Design patterns.
- Experience writing plugins or modules for another software.
- Knowledge of the specifics of MySQL and/or MSSQL flavours of SQL and query optimisation.
- Knowledge of LDAP, Active Directory and/or single sign-on.
- Experience with Bootstrap 3 / 4.
- Fully remote applicants will need a fast internet connection at home (laptop and software are provided) and be willing to work UK hours.
- Knowledge of Docker or AWS.
- Knowledge of Composer.
- Upgrading legacy custom modules for compatibility with new core releases.
- Greenfield development of new custom modules.
- Technical development with front-end development.
- Attending customer meetings and establishing requirements for custom development.
- Attending internal change request meetings, providing initial solutions and project sizes.
- Responsible for detailed estimates and solutions of medium and large projects.
- Producing appropriate documentation.
- Provision of in-depth technical knowledge to third-party providers and clients.
- Creates efficient and logical databases for clients.
- Able to recognise system deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
- Works closely with the design team to create visually interactive work.
- Adhere and contribute to the agreed development practices.
- As a member of the development team, work on the design and implementation of technical solutions.
- Encouraging and supporting the development team in coming up with innovative technical ideas and approaches.
- Mentoring other team members.
- Excellent annual holiday allowance, increasing by 2 additional days for each year of service up to a maximum of 30 days per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible hours and remote working policy.
- A generous £1,000 annual training budget which rises to £1,500 after your first year.
- Private healthcare – after your first year
- includes gym membership and stores discounts
- Working in a friendly, agile team environment
- Choose your laptop – Mac or PC
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn and work with React, enhance your existing skills in PHP and also to work with a great team on many innovative and cutting-edge digital projects and systems. If this remote Web Development role is of interest, then please get in touch with your CV and details of your interview availability to find out more.